OT: - Scottie Scheffler Arrested This Morning at Valhalla | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Scottie Scheffler Arrested This Morning at Valhalla

Reaction Score
The Scheffler is a dick comment is uncalled for. He's well noted as being super religious and one of the nicest guys on tour.
I can believe him being a nice guy and this incident being mischaracterized. But someone being "super religious" is not evidence for them being a good person (not evidence against either, to be clear).

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
The Scheffler is a dick comment is uncalled for. He's well noted as being super religious and one of the nicest guys on tour.

Let's just say for a second it was dark, 5 am and he's won something like 4 of the last 5 tourneys he's played including the Masters. Maybe, just maybe, he tried to get around some traffic to get work in before his round.
Super religious could mean he's a nice guy - or a dick. That said, I doubt he was being purposely an . Unfortunately the media has their teeth deep into this one completely overshadowing Schauffele's amazing round.

Reaction Score

"The police officer attempted to attach himself to Scheffler’s car"
giphy.gif

Good for Elly, I guess.

Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone can really defend this police officer? I just read through the situation and this is a classic case of a cop on a power trip. Interesting to see how everyone reacts considering the police victim here is a wealthy white christian man from texas
It sounds like nobody knows what happened in this situation besides a person died. Yet here we are with people making assumptions talking about cops being bad, white/black, religion, rich/poor etc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
These charges will be dropped. It's embarrassing that they cuffed and arrested him. Other players said they were waived through just like he should have been.

Reaction Score
It sounds like nobody knows what happened in this situation besides a person died. Yet here we are with people making assumptions talking about cops being bad, white/black, religion, rich/poor etc.
Well the cop kinda just seems like an idiot.

Who said anything about white/black lol?

Reaction Score
Well the cop kinda just seems like an idiot.

Who said anything about white/black lol?
The poster I replied to said it's "Interesting to see how everyone reacts considering the police victim here is a wealthy white christian man from Texas."

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My first inclination is to say that it seems like this could have been avoided by a simple rolling down of his window and 30 second conversation with the officer stopping him. But who knows.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Wait until the high price lawyer Scheffler hires gets his/her paws on this matter. My guess is that these charges get dropped at the pre trial hearing. Maybe he gets at worst a diversionary program meaning stay clean no arrests for six months to a year and all the charges go away. I wonder when they realized who he was. Before or after they charged him with a felony.

These cops were probably not happy to be out directing traffic in a rain storm. I can tell you from first hand knowledge traffic control is the last detail a cop wants. Then add 5am and a downpour and the cops are human so they are already in a bad mood.

If the uniform did not clearly indicate he was PD and he did not verbally identify himself as such and it took Scottie a minute to actually figure it out then stop… couple that with Scottie getting directions from another cop that he could get through ..this will be an easy win for the defense.

But it will never go to trial. Guaranteed.

Reaction Score
…..He's well noted as being super religious and one of the nicest guys on tour…..
Not sure why you mention “super religious”. Many “super religious” people are dicks, such as a few Catholic priests and some extreme terrorists.

Religion has nothing to do with this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom