Sarah Strong is a Husky! (Part 2) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong is a Husky! (Part 2)

Reaction Score
For those concerned about her not playing in some late season games -

Pretty nice. But much like folks are giving Caitlin Clark static for not "succeeding" at the professional level, Sarah, like any freshmen, will go through a growth process. I am sure she will do well at the college level.

Reaction Score
Pretty nice. But much like folks are giving Caitlin Clark static for not "succeeding" at the professional level, Sarah, like any freshmen, will go through a growth process. I am sure she will do well at the college level.
They're giving her flack because the expectations were way too high. I think she's been doing above-average for a rookie, besides the high number of TOs. But that's something that hasn't changed since she was a freshman. There's probably even more pressure on the freshman class next year because this year's fit in almost immediately without much adjustment.

Reaction Score
There's probably even more pressure on the freshman class next year because this year's fit in almost immediately without much adjustment.
I’m sure you’re right about this. But I also think there was a ton of adjustment for KK Q and Ice. And they may not be done adjusting. Ash is a special player who saw how to find a place for herself soonest among them. But your sentiment seems right to me. The new freshman have had the bar set pretty high for them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m sure you’re right about this. But I also think there was a ton of adjustment for KK Q and Ice. And they may not be done adjusting. Ash is a special player who saw how to find a place for herself soonest among them. But your sentiment seems right to me. The new freshman have had the bar set pretty high for them.
I'm a big believer that it's best, a fan perspective, to expect the freshman not to contribute it all. if they do it's a great surprise, like this year.

It's a big jump from high school to college. Kids figure it out at their own pace.

Reaction Score
I think they meant the freshman class a whole, not just Uconns freshman class.

Reaction Score
Oh I meant the entire class lol. People like Watkins and Hidalgo and Williams and such.

Reaction Score
I'm a big believer that it's best, a fan perspective, to expect the freshman not to contribute it all. if they do it's a great surprise, like this year.

It's a big jump from high school to college. Kids figure it out at their own pace.
It is clearly ideal to not need them immediately, and bring them along slowly in most cases. Last year that plan got high-jacked by injuries and we had to play them. This year the roster suggests we can do that with the perimeter freshmen, Allie and Morgan, but upfront we pretty much need to start Sarah and Jana from the start. There are no healthy options that have performed at a high level (at least yet), although we could go small ball, and ultimately Aubrey gives us a top option at the 4 when she returns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom