OT - What lives rent free in your head? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - What lives rent free in your head?

Reaction Score
Just in general people who don't respond to emails or phone calls within 24 hours.
In particular, even worse when the non-responder is a close relative.

Reaction Score
Thanks to RFK Jr., a worm resides there. An affliction obviously shared by many in the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Can we have 2? My other one is the food in the Jungle Cafeteria from 1978-80. Still haunts me.
Speaking of the Jungle dining hall, I half chuckle and half groan about the student who fork fed his food to a dog next to him at the table.

Then, another student asked him if he was going to eat his own food with the same fork. The feeding student said, "Yeah," and took some food from the plate, and ate it.

Man's best friend or dog's best friend. Can't figure out which.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Speaking of the Jungle dining hall, I half chuckle and half groan about the student who fork fed his food to a dog next to him at the table.

Then, another student asked him if he was going to eat his own food with the same fork. The feeding student said, "Yeah," and took some food from the plate, and ate it.

Man's best friend or dog's best friend. Can't figure out which.
Hell, that breakfast/lunch place that existed before Hardee's across from South Campus had a busboy who tied his dog to his bus cart. As he loaded dirty dishes in the bottom bin, the dog would lick away at the plates.

Reaction Score
Just in general people who don't respond to emails or phone calls within 24 hours.
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Missing the slam in Belize - so friggin close. That friggin tarpon was right there.

Reaction Score
Ron Francis, Ulf Samuelsson and Grant Jennings for John Cullen, Zarley Zalapski and Jeff Parker!?! (Frank Costanza voice).

Ernie Johnston was previously with the penguins before making the trade for the Whalers, and he then went back to the Penguins. That’s what I call a Trojan horse.

Reaction Score
When a Grateful Dead fan comes up to me and says “dude Cornell 1977 was the best show ever.”

And then in my head the first thing that pops up is when Donna comes in a verse too early on St Stephen and completely ruins it. I can’t never unhear it.
Yeah, but if you're thinking of the Dead....it's rarely ever a 'bad' thing....

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
Hate to burst your bubble but that method does nothing different to the end result vs a normal thin slice with a chef's knife. But if you like it, have at it.

Mine? Pretty much my whole adult life, I transpose the two letters in the middle of my first name when I type. Ex: If my name was Keith, I type "Kieth" and have to edit it. This happens at least 50% of the time. And yes, I know I could set an autocorrect rule to take care of it.
I switch the same two letters as well but maybe 25% of the time. And if you remember we have the same first name. Weird or maybe this happens to others with our name?

Reaction Score
I switch the same two letters as well but maybe 25% of the time. And if you remember we have the same first name. Weird or maybe this happens to others with our name?
That makes me feel a lot better! Ha!!! It's our parents fault.

Reaction Score
Never broken 80. Shot a 38 on the front 9 of Smith Richardson in Fairfield last year. 10th hole, block my driver OB right, finish with an 81…

I know the pain.
Tough luck . It’s an incredible feeling . I’ll always remember my first.
I needed a par on a long par 5 18th for a 79 . I typically hit a slight draw so I was suprised my ball drifted right into a long shallow trap . My course was known for sand . I had a good lie and i had enough clearance to hit a 4 hybrid.which I nailed . However it landed in a huge deep bunker on the left 100. Yards from the flag .
I hit my trustee pitching wedge 10 ft from the pin and just missed a Birdy putt but had an easy tap In my double sandy pat and more importantly a 79 I think my hair went from salt and pepper to completely grey from tee to green.

Reaction Score
Never broken 80. Shot a 38 on the front 9 of Smith Richardson in Fairfield last year. 10th hole, block my driver OB right, finish with an 81…

I know the pain.

I have two 80s and an 81. One of the 80s I thought 18 was a par 5. Laid up and coasted to a 5 only to realize it was a par 4 and I had an 80.

Reaction Score
In Moana, when she sings a lyric that sounds exactly like a Scottish person saying "F ing rising"

Reaction Score
George Fn Mason and their naive fans telling me this was going to be the new norm

Would love to meet up with those dudes again, I'm assuming reality has sunk in by now

I was at the game and I told some of the students to enjoy it because it was never going to happen again. :)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was at the game and I told some of the students to enjoy it because it was never going to happen again. :)

I was telling them to stay in the building, enjoy the moment, enjoy the ceremonies, and they told me that's not necessary because this was the new norm.

I also said "you may never see a Final Four again"

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
I can see that we really needed statewide and telephone grief counseling available after that George Mason upset.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I can see that we really needed statewide and telephone grief counseling available after that George Mason upset.

That was a long and miserable ride home, but I think I'm mostly over it by now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom