Non-Key Tweets | Page 990 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have no doubt that the ACC would jump to take Utah, but I don’t know how much sense it makes for Utah. First, I am quite sure Utah is has signed whatever GOR exists for the Big 12 as a condition of joining the Big 12.

Weiss is a good guy, but he’s never been immune to posting some weird stuff on Twitter. He also has the absolute worst toupe in sports media. I am not sure what that has to do with anything, but seriously, you have to see it. It’s amazing. It’s red.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I have no doubt that the ACC would jump to take Utah, but I don’t know how much sense it makes for Utah. First, I am quite sure Utah is has signed whatever GOR exists for the Big 12 as a condition of joining the Big 12.

Weiss is a good guy, but he’s never been immune to posting some weird stuff on Twitter. He also has the absolute worst toupe in sports media. I am not sure what that has to do with anything, but seriously, you have to see it. It’s amazing. It’s red.
FWIW- there’s two “clauses” new members were supposed to sign upon invitation to the Big 12, a GOR until 2031 and a 99 year “commitment” document/contract.

Utah signed the 2031 GOR but NOT the 99 year commitment document. At least that’s according to the bird app. The 99 year commitment is kind of a sham anyways, as in order to get out of it you just have to pay 2 years worth of league revenues

Reaction Score

They didn't sign it, their coach was all over saying this right after they announced for the Big12. Apparently, someone here they have until August to sign it. What happens after that? They get kicked out? I don't know, but it has to be the reason this rumors kicked off.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was thinking Marv Albert but what Marv has is closer to a full wig so yeah, Weiss wins.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was thinking Marv Albert but what Marv has is closer to a full wig so yeah, Weiss wins.

Ahem. No.

IMG-9639.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I think a lot of them are not going to have other options
I'm not sure what you think the future holds for the ACC but even if they do lose a half dozen current members (it would be at most that many), the remaining conference will be pretty much an equal to the B-12 in quality and brand power. Why would any of these schools pay exit fees (which exceed $100mm) to make what would be a lateral move?

GG

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you think the future holds for the ACC but even if they do lose a half dozen current members (it would be at most that many), the remaining conference will be pretty much an equal to the B-12 in quality and brand power. Why would any of these schools pay exit fees (which exceed $100mm) to make what would be a lateral move?
It really depends on what happens with FSU. What they pay will dictate whether other schools can get out as well. I recognize most of those other schools don’t have the same deep pockets, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It really depends on what happens with FSU. What they pay will dictate whether other schools can get out as well. I recognize most of those other schools don’t have the same deep pockets, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Even without FSU, Clemson and the partial ND situation, the ACC would be very comparable to the B-12 (that will no longer have Texas or Oklahoma once the calendar hits July). Jumping from the ACC to the B-12 would be a lateral move and it would land whatever schools made the move in a conference that would then most likely exceed 20 members.

Reaction Score
As of 2024, the B12 is going to distribute 10 million dollars less per school than the ACC. Even when Clemson and FSU leave the ACC, the exit fees will be large enough to continue the discrepancy until the 2030s, at which point college sports might have ceased to exist as we know it. Really doubt there is going to be a large exodus of ACC schools to the B12

GG

Reaction Score
Even without FSU, Clemson and the partial ND situation, the ACC would be very comparable to the B-12 (that will no longer have Texas or Oklahoma once the calendar hits July). Jumping from the ACC to the B-12 would be a lateral move and it would land whatever schools made the move in a conference that would then most likely exceed 20 members.
I think it is the instability of the ACC that could result in other teams making a move. Will ESPN pick up the option?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom