New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 49 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not certain the “she” you refer to in your post. I don‘t think playing time concerns entered into Bessoir’s decision. She tore her left ACL twice in three years. Emily had a starting spot on Germany’s National WBB Team that earned entry to the Olympic Qualifying Tournament. Germany then clinched a spot in the Paris Olympics, marking its first ever appearance. Emily returned to Germany in April to facilitate her recovery. If successful she will play in the Olympics after eight months of rehab. She will then enter the professional leagues somewhere in Europe.

Sontag, on the other hand, battled nagging injuries that started in FIBA tournament play last summer. Lina never really got going last season. Lina did play for the German National Team squad that qualified for the Olympics in February. Could PT considerations have shaped her decision to retire? Perhaps. Lina is very intent on becoming a physician. Her situation is similar to Arizona forward Maya Nnaji‘s decision to give up basketball (temporarily) to concentrate on her medical school program.

Christeen Iwuala transferred to Ole Miss. She cherished her time as a Bruin and was beloved by her teammates, staff and fans. But she wanted more opportunity to play and saw limited upside serving as Lauren Betts backup and with Sienna Betts arrival in 2025.
Thanks for the information. It was Christeen Iwuala I was referring to there.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Congrats on the LAX championship. I didn't realize that the center of power had shifted from Maryland/Virginia.
Thanks. The Irish were flying on cylinders this year to get the repeat championship.

The nexus of lacrosse was always Maryland/northern Virginia - Long Island/northern New Jersey - Upstate New York - New England prep schools. But that has been expanding rapidly over the years to Atlanta and Chicago suburbs to Southern California and even parts of Florida. The main collegiate powers are still mostly Eastern, but Notre Dame and Denver led the charge in the men's game out west. Denver, with a former Princeton coach, won a NC in 2015 and ND finally broke through in 2023 and this year. This year's Irish are heavily from the metro- New York and NJ area, but have key starters from all over, including Florida. In fact, Jordan Faison, the starting wide receiver for the football team, starts as a midfielder. Great player with superior athletic and technical skills.

I love the game, in parr, because it employs so many similar attributes of basketball....ISo's, pick and roll, skip passes, weakside picks on offense. Man on man, doubles, slides on defense. Really feels like home on both court and field.

Reaction Score
IMG_7259.jpeg

Reaction Score
UCLA is going to be scary good. I don't think everyone understands how good Timea Gardiner is already, and TG's upside is ridiculous. If Cori Close doesn't make to the F4 this next season, that will be a massive underachievement.
If they don't, that's on them. Haven't seen as many Oregon State games like you have, but you don't have to convince me.

Reaction Score
UCLA is going to be scary good. I don't think everyone understands how good Timea Gardiner is already, and TG's upside is ridiculous. If Cori Close doesn't make to the F4 this next season, that will be a massive underachievement.
I genuinely really like Cori Close but I just haven’t seen anything from her schematics or adjustments that lead me to believe she can lead a team to the Final Four. This team could be talented enough that it doesn’t matter, though.

I’ll be really interested to see who lands in the starting lineup. I personally think Gardiner is handily better than Barker but I wonder if it’ll be a SC-type style where everyone plays in flux lineups.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Raoul got the tape measure out last night....

"The three tallest WBB players in the portal this cycle (each 6-7) have all now landed at a new school:
—Kennedy Basham: Oregon → Arizona State
—Hawa Doumbouya: Maryland → Virginia
—Lety Vasconcelos: Baylor → Illinois"

Reaction Score
Raoul got the tape measure out last night....

"The three tallest WBB players in the portal this cycle (each 6-7) have all now landed at a new school:
—Kennedy Basham: Oregon → Arizona State
—Hawa Doumbouya: Maryland → Virginia
—Lety Vasconcelos: Baylor → Illinois"
6'7" for women must be the the equivalent to the 7'3" threshold for men. We don't really hear about too many women in basketball that are taller. Britney Griner and Hans Xu are the only two women that come to mind that are taller than 6'7". But we have a "bunch" that are around 6'7"... McCowan, Cardoso, Betts, JJ, the above players, etc.

Reaction Score
6'7" for women must be the the equivalent to the 7'3" threshold for men. We don't really hear about too many women in basketball that are taller. Britney Griner and Hans Xu are the only two women that come to mind that are taller than 6'7". But we have a "bunch" that are around 6'7"... McCowan, Cardoso, Betts, JJ, the above players, etc.
Kyei at Oregon is 6'8"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom