May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 19 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks. Season is still young, but she’s putting up insane numbers: 27.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 2.3 steals. Efficiency needs to improve and Dallas needs to consistently win but I think she’s a top 7-8 candidate right now.
Even as an ND fan, I'm used to spikes and dips with Arike, particularly in regards to efficiency, volume and volatility. However, as noted in my earlier post on Maddy Siegrist, I think Dallas will greatly benefit from the returns of Howard and Sabally, which will relieve pressure on AO.

At some point, it would help if the Dallas front office and coaching staff have some degree of patience with a point guard who can be in place long enough for the team to get in sync. Last year's trio are in Connecticut (Harris), Atlanta (Dangerfield) and out of the league (Burton). A first-year Turkish player is now starting while the first-round draft choice barely surfaces. Arike's covering a lot of ground right now....which can make for an, ahem, interesting ride. :eek::cool::rolleyes:;)

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
She's got Reese egging her on. At least she did today.
Which was duly noted by fans on other boards to the late afternoon SportsCenter.

It looked like words were exchanged at some point, but the non-basketball play is just not right....for a whole variety of reasons.
Sky Coach Witherspoon encourages tough defense and aggressive play, but it's got to be smart. Off-ball fouls resulting in techs? Not so much.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Which was duly noted by fans on other boards to the late afternoon SportsCenter.

It looked like words were exchanged at some point, but the non-basketball play is just not right....for a whole variety of reasons.
But, my, she can get to the hoop.

It's funny, TAMU played better without her.

She probably thinks she was Caitlin Clark before Caitlin and got no respect, but she wasn't.

Reaction Score

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Looks like my #2 team forgot that there was a game today. The "OMG! We beat VEGAS!!!!" hangover is real. :oops:
And the Sun keep rising....:cool:
Thomas with a double-double of assists (11) and rebounds (14), along with 50%+ field-goal shooting by Bonner & Carrington.

Reaction Score
The worst coach at the present time is Sandy of the Liberty. She is underperforming with the Liberty, just like she did in Phoenix. One title and had DT, Griner. Had a lot of talent and won 1 Title.
Had Bonner, and Breland with them at one time, and Penny Taylor.
A case can be made for the million dollar coach in the valley of the sun. First witness the perimeter defense that he continues to attempt to refine. Second while he's been given a completely deformed roster think about how he's used those players particularly on the recent o and 4 road trip. Finally and most importantly the culture of losing seems to be accelerating and the dumpster fire intensifying.

Compare that with a coach who was in the w-finals last year, is at the top of the League this year, and seems to have a consistency in culture.

In terms of incompetence, inability to make lemonade out of lemons, and a bizarre response to the opposition I think I vote for the million dollar coach.

The ultimate measure of a coach is the one loss record.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
A case can be made for the million dollar coach in the valley of the sun. First witness the perimeter defense that he continues to attempt to refine. Second while he's been given a completely deformed roster think about how he's used those players particularly on the recent o and 4 road trip. Finally and most importantly the culture of losing seems to be accelerating and the dumpster fire intensifying.

Compare that with a coach who was in the w-finals last year, is at the top of the League this year, and seems to have a consistency in culture.

In terms of incompetence, inability to make lemonade out of lemons, and a bizarre response to the opposition I think I vote for the million dollar coach.

The ultimate measure of a coach is the one loss record.
"The ultimate measure of a coach is the won-loss record."

You and a football coach named Bill Parcells are in total agreement on that last line....;)

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
And the Sun keep rising....:cool:
Thomas with a double-double of assists (11) and rebounds (14), along with 50%+ field-goal shooting by Bonner & Carrington.
As long as they stay healthy, they'll be in the WNBA Finals.

I just wonder who they'll meet.

Also, a rebounds-assists double-double is WILD! :eek:

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
It took a while, but I think I'm finally convinced. Without BG, this Mercury team is not good--at all. Tibbets is a stubborn half-wit.

That said, can your front office find a way to acquire Hamby so that she isn't stifling the growth of LA's rookies anymore? As much as I like Lexie Brown, y'all can take her, too.

Reaction Score
"The ultimate measure of a coach is the won-loss record."

You and a football coach named Bill Parcells are in total agreement on that last line....;)
Fever defense at the end of the latest stretch of games is embarrassing.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Fever were completely gassed today. Sides choosing to play Clark a full 40 minutes in a blowout loss 2 games ago knowing they had 3 games in 4 days was definitely a bold choice. Also, why on earth are back to backs not for home games only? Indiana finished around 2p yesterday, flew to NY and played there tonight. I'm not opposed to back to backs but they should be played at the same venue to make the wear and tear less significant. Glad Indy is getting 5 days off.

In other games, DT lit up LA with 31. Pretty incredible what she's capable of doing at almost 42 years old. Collier with a great game and led Minnesota to a win (and shoutout to Kayla McBride who is quietly having a phenomenal season). Arike with a monster statline of 21 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 steals, and 10 TOs (just 6-17 shooting). Dream with a dreadful offensive game, scoring just 50. These random low scoring games (47 from Phoenix earlier this year) are just bizarre.

Reaction Score
Fever were completely gassed today. Sides choosing to play Clark a full 40 minutes in a blowout loss 2 games ago knowing they had 3 games in 4 days was definitely a bold choice. Also, why on earth are back to backs not for home games only? Indiana finished around 2p yesterday, flew to NY and played there tonight. I'm not opposed to back to backs but they should be played at the same venue to make the wear and tear less significant. Glad Indy is getting 5 days off.

In other games, DT lit up LA with 31. Pretty incredible what she's capable of doing at almost 42 years old. Collier with a great game and led Minnesota to a win (and shoutout to Kayla McBride who is quietly having a phenomenal season). Arike with a monster statline of 21 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 steals, and 10 TOs (just 6-17 shooting). Dream with a dreadful offensive game, scoring just 50. These random low scoring games (47 from Phoenix earlier this year) are just bizarre.
The schedule for Indiana continues to irk me. And with Boston and Clark having the leave the game due to injuries, it just doesn't look good. Hopefully neither of them are serious and that the time off helps. Also hoping it's another 20+ years, per Lobo's comments one game, before we see something as asinine as that opening schedule again :mad:.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
They fine Reese for skipping the press conference so she can avoid having to dodge questions about celebrating Carter’s cheap foul, but won’t fine Carter for her cheap foul. Makes perfect sense.
Yes, my daughter texted me basically the same thing. The medium is the message, right?:rolleyes:

Dillon77

Reaction Score

'Phee and K-Mac just picking up from their great season for Fenerbahce in Europe. Turkey, Minnesota? Let it rip...:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom