Inside how college football’s transfer portal works: Coaches, players and agents dish on NIL (The Athletic) | The Boneyard

Inside how college football’s transfer portal works: Coaches, players and agents dish on NIL (The Athletic)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
wow….great article to learn just how crazy NIL and the portal has become.

My first reaction is to hate it. But..I would guess it will evolve and have more structure to protect the kids and schools. But…right now…it’s the wild west.

Reaction Score
wow….great article to learn just how crazy NIL and the portal has become.

My first reaction is to hate it. But..I would guess it will evolve and have more structure to protect the kids and schools. But…right now…it’s the wild west.
NFL lite - Mora’s having flashbacks w/ just a less hefty payroll account.

Reaction Score
NFL lite - Mora’s having flashbacks w/ just a less hefty payroll account.

NFL has actual contracts that last more than a year. 'Commit' holds more value in the league.

Reaction Score
Men's college basketball mailbag, Part 2: How much are transfers getting paid?

If basketball fans recognize our limitations in competing with the unrestricted NIL environment, it raises concerns about football as well. It's becoming clear that the Big East won't be able to keep up in the long run, especially with the TV revenue disparity aiding the financial maneuvers of Power Conference programs.

The ACC is struggling, while the BIG12 is simply delaying the inevitable. A split seems necessary and IMO beneficial. We won't match the financial clout of major programs like Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, and Georgia, which operate on a model far removed from traditional college sports. However, the same goes for most other marquee names. What we can look forward to is an eventual return to competitive college sports... the kind that still includes the word College in it.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Was UConn the only school mentioned in the article by name? Not a bad shout out

Reaction Score
Was UConn the only school mentioned in the article by name? Not a bad shout out
Except for the fact that he used it as the example he answered his phone for everyone, even UConn. Sure name is in article but I wouldn’t exactly say it was a good reason it was.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Except for the fact that he used it as the example he answered his phone for everyone, even UConn. Sure name is in article but I wouldn’t exactly say it was a good reason it was.
It was a little ambiguous, but I read it the same way. Still, I mention is a mention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom