I think the future is Army vs Navy for me........ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I think the future is Army vs Navy for me........

Reaction Score
If this was true NIL, then think it's a win for everyone. The player gets paid, the school gets to keep the player, and the company gets a spokesperson. But in most cases this is just pay-to-play from wealthy alums. The schools and athletic departments must feel conflicted. $2mm from alums is $2mm taken away from the school for the endowment, athletic facilities, buildings, etc. At schools with muti-billion dollar endowments, this may not be a big deal, I'd think it's an issue at many schools (including UConn). Schools are going to have to do a cost-benefit analysis on chasing big time sports.
Sounds like basically what the NCAA used to call cheating, but everyone knew Cam Newton went to highest bidder and DJ Fluker admitted in an interview he got paid while at Alabama. Tremont Waters to LSU in BB. Top players have always gotten bags, at least now you don't have the NCAA with their selective enforcement of rules.

Reaction Score
If this was true NIL, then think it's a win for everyone. The player gets paid, the school gets to keep the player, and the company gets a spokesperson. But in most cases this is just pay-to-play from wealthy alums. The schools and athletic departments must feel conflicted. $2mm from alums is $2mm taken away from the school for the endowment, athletic facilities, buildings, etc. At schools with muti-billion dollar endowments, this may not be a big deal, I'd think it's an issue at many schools (including UConn). Schools are going to have to do a cost-benefit analysis on chasing big time sports.
I'm probably in the minority here but I'll admit I don't believe in "donating" to NIL. The general population works and pays bills and tries to save for things like school and retirement. We support the university by paying taxes and donating to UConn with discretionary income. We buy tickets to watch professionals and we buy tickets to watch amateurs in college. We support NIL by buying the products the players endorse. The very wealthy at the largest schools will always be able to pay players far more if NIL continues.

I suppose kids staying in school longer is a collateral benefit, at least for the big programs.

Reaction Score
I have never been there for a game, but that sounds nice. It sounds like dressing a game at West Point.
Coast Guard is cool. Especially the Little Army-Navy Game. (Coast Guard vs Norwich). I also go to Wesleyan and have been to Colby and Bowdoin and Tufts for NESCAC games. All fun. And what is kind of cool is you run into neat stuff. When my daughter was at Colby we went to a game. Kid intercepted a pass at the goal line late to preserve the win. That night we went to a concert by one of the college ensembles. The guy who made the interception was playing the trumpet in the orchestra. The conductor called him out for a bow! Very cool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom