Hawks win lottery-DC real chance at going #1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hawks win lottery-DC real chance at going #1

Reaction Score
I’ll finally have a reason to go to a Hawks game. I only walk past that arena when walking to an ATL United match.

Reaction Score
It’s good they got to see it in practice, but it’s always better to see things in game to get a better evaluation.

I’m going to stress about him like Andre until he gets drafted to the right situation.
Why worry about Steph? He won't be a 2nd round pick and is all around way better player than Andre could hope to be. Once his outside shooting comes around and he already has a better stroke than Andre he will be a great NBA guard.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Why worry about Steph? He won't be a 2nd round pick and is all around way better player than Andre could hope to be. Once his outside shooting comes around and he already has a better stroke than Andre he will be a great NBA guard.
Just want him to go a team that drafts him and looks at him as the caliber of player he should be.

Don’t want him to go somewhere that will have him playing off ball like he did here or behind another established guard because he’s better than that.

Really rooting for Spurs or Jazz as the landing spot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see a fair amount of trades this year. There's really no clear bets players that any team has to have and the more important thing will be fit with the organization and need. So if a team really likes Clingan or Castle, a move up trade wouldn't be surprising.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see a fair amount of trades this year. There's really no clear bets players that any team has to have and the more important thing will be fit with the organization and need. So if a team really likes Clingan or Castle, a move up trade wouldn't be surprising.
I think SC would be highly thought of for any team trying to trade up to 3-6. He represents great defense, great ceiling and impeccable character. Might have to be a “game time” trade initiated by a class team who knows talent.

Houston and San Antonio are wildcards, but if SC is available at 5 I could see a team make Detroit a sweet deal to get SC.

DC, on the other hand, will be gone by the 3rd pick.

Wow UConn bb has come a long way in last 4 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The sad part is that if DC had kept his body in check, if he was on the TB12 plant diet, playing 25 minutes every night, hedging a little bit, we all know he would be the #1 pick.
The saddest part is that I can’t tell if this is a joke or not

Reaction Score
7'3.75" without shoes. 2 inches taller than Clingan. Edey had a bigger wingspan, but they actually have the same standing reach.
Edey just has a bigger head and maybe a bit longer neck I think, hence the reach being about the same vs the small height difference

Reaction Score
Let’s keep it PG, this is a family board
1715615542395.gif

Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like that statement reflects poorly on anyone. We, rightfully, had championship aspirations so there's stuff he's capable of that wasn't in the scope of his role. We didn't ask him to be the primary ballhandler or get us into our offense very often and that's a part of his game that everyone including Hurley will expect him to showcase more at the next level.
Yeah, I'm not really concerned about future top 10 recruits interpreting the statement of an imminent lottery pick as suggesting "top guys don't get to showcase their talents and improve their draft stock at UConn."

Reaction Score
7'3.75" without shoes. 2 inches taller than Clingan. Edey had a bigger wingspan, but they actually have the same standing reach.
How can they have the same standing reach if Edey is taller and with a longer wingspan? Do his arms start lower? lol

That said, I'm kind of impressed that both guys measured, without shoes, within a quarter inch of their listed heights. They are actually that tall.

Reaction Score
Literally the only talk of DC going to San Antonio I've read ... has been on this board.
It seems San Antonio is going for a guard. I would expect Dillingham to go there. He can be an explosive offensive player while Wembanyama covers up his defensive short comings. I would think at 8 they would even possibly take castle.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think SC would be highly thought of for any team trying to trade up to 3-6. He represents great defense, great ceiling and impeccable character. Might have to be a “game time” trade initiated by a class team who knows talent.

Houston and San Antonio are wildcards, but if SC is available at 5 I could see a team make Detroit a sweet deal to get SC.

DC, on the other hand, will be gone by the 3rd pick.

Wow UConn bb has come a long way in last 4 years.
We don't know when DC or Castle will be picked. I've seen Clingan last as late as 9th. They'll both be in the lottery. Consensus Mock Draft: Alex Sarr emerges atop field after Lottery | NBA.com

I think Shepherd is a good player, but I'm not convinced he'd go top 5. It's a really weird draft. There are probably some future stars in the draft, but I doubt we know who they are. One reason I could see Castle moving up is that he probably has higher potential star capability than most of these guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom