Hawks win lottery-DC real chance at going #1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawks win lottery-DC real chance at going #1

Reaction Score
Workouts will be more important than ever for picks 1-14. No consensus at all. I don’t see much in terms of large packages of picks to move up/down in the draft. Any GM can fall in love with any player and take them and I don’t think anyone will push back too much.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Vecenie talking about him mocking Clingan to the Rockets at #3.

Reaction Score

Look at these nerds...

Screenshot_20240512_200915_X.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Vecenie talking about him mocking Clingan to the Rockets at #3.

I love Sengun. Would be an interesting combo.

Reaction Score
I thought the guys to the right were Donovan’s and Castle’s lil brothers. Not Sheppard and Rob lol
Look at these nerds...

View attachment 100677
At first glance without sound I absolutely thought they were like the PR assistants that UConn/their NBA Agency sent with them to shepherd (edit - no pun intended) them through the night and bring them to their interviews.

Reaction Score
Now I've read it in literally two places. There are a million mocks out there. I'm sure you can find all kinds of permutations.

The Spurs have bigger needs than shotblocking.
They have 2 high picks though. And might well not want Wemby being responsible to guard the post for extended minutes given his frame.

Reaction Score
At first glance without sound I absolutely thought they were like the PR assistants that UConn/their NBA Agency sent with them to shepherd (edit - no pun intended) them through the night and bring them to their interviews.
It looks like an insurance agent and Lisa Bonet.

Reaction Score
Hurley is going to have to brush up on the guys media training. Probably could’ve went without SC saying there was some of his game he wasn’t able to show here (even if he is right).
Doesn't seem like that statement reflects poorly on anyone. We, rightfully, had championship aspirations so there's stuff he's capable of that wasn't in the scope of his role. We didn't ask him to be the primary ballhandler or get us into our offense very often and that's a part of his game that everyone including Hurley will expect him to showcase more at the next level.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They have 2 high picks though. And might well not want Wemby being responsible to guard the post for extended minutes given his frame.

Most mocks have them going guard & wing. Seems to me you don't want Wemby playing the 4 because it takes him away from the rim. Sure, he can do it part of the time but I'm not sure they want him at PF full time.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
These NBA teams all have analytics departments now and supposedly Atlanta is all in on analytics. I’ve heard Clingan has some uncanny defensive analytics that rival Anthony Davis in college. Does anyone have any of this propaganda for me to pass around? Graphs, tweets, etc

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like that statement reflects poorly on anyone. We, rightfully, had championship aspirations so there's stuff he's capable of that wasn't in the scope of his role. We didn't ask him to be the primary ballhandler or get us into our offense very often and that's a part of his game that everyone including Hurley will expect him to showcase more at the next level.
Could be overthinking it for sure and being over critical. Kid probably knows he’s the best guard in the class and think it’s crazy Shep and Rob are mocked ahead of him which I would completely agree with.

Hopefully once the workouts start GMs will agree too.

Reaction Score
Could be overthinking it for sure and being over critical. Kid probably knows he’s the best guard in the class and think it’s crazy Shep and Rob are mocked ahead of him which I would completely agree with.

Hopefully once the workouts start GMs will agree too.

I don't think your take is wrong per se but even Hurley has openly talked about how Steph has a lot of tools that he wasn't able to show in games because of how good Cam and Tristen were. But Hurley did say that we had a lot of scouts at practices where they were able to see Steph do a lot more on-ball stuff.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't think your take is wrong per se but even Hurley has openly talked about how Steph has a lot of tools that he wasn't able to show in games because of how good Cam and Tristen were. But Hurley did say that we had a lot of scouts at practices where they were able to see Steph do a lot more on-ball stuff.
It’s good they got to see it in practice, but it’s always better to see things in game to get a better evaluation.

I’m going to stress about him like Andre until he gets drafted to the right situation.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Look at these nerds...

View attachment 100677
You can find 6’2 guards who can shoot in any draft. You only get the 7’3 unicorn to build around if you’re fortunate enough to be drafting at the very top.

The sad part is that if DC had kept his body in check, if he was on the TB12 plant diet, playing 25 minutes every night, hedging a little bit, we all know he would be the #1 pick.

Reaction Score
It would actually suck if he goes there. Our players keep getting drafted to teams with a playoff chances so they don't get enough minutes and patience to develop. They are not allowed to play through their mistakes.
You are talking about one player that fits that criteria: Hawk. AJ was never gonna get extended minutes and Sanogo was behind 2 quality bigs. Hawk got drafted by a team that had like 5 other players that play his position. DC is a level above those guys. And so is Castle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom