OT: - Fury/Usyk Fight | The Boneyard

OT: Fury/Usyk Fight

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
one of the better heaveyweight title fights in recent memory. Usyk won the first couple rounds then Fury won four or five rounds. Fury broke Usyk’s jaw at some point then Usyk almost sent Fury through the ropes with several power shots to end round 9. Fury was out on his feet and many thought the ref should have stopped the fight.

Usyk dominated the fight late but Fury was still landing power shots too. Usyk wins by split decision by one point. Rematch tentatively scheduled for October. That was one hell of a good fight and Usyk constantly going forward as the much smaller man was impressive. I had Usyk winning by 3 or 4 points but Fury’s power almost stopped Usyk and Usyk’s power almost stopped Fury.

As far as I can tell, Usyk has never been knocked down in any fight, ever. Usyk was all business and Fury was entertaining as usual. Rematch should be a must watch.

Reaction Score
Don't think the broken jaw was accurate, that's what Fury said but Usyk attended the post fight press conference. Wouldn't be a shock that Fury lied, it's what he does. Great fight tho, I have my doubts if Fury can put together another fight camp for a rematch before end od year.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Great fight and very close fight. I had it 114-113 Usyk. I would love to see it again.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Congrats to the undisputed champ Usyk ! Excellent win by a very skilled fighter who people said was too small to battle with the heavyweights. No only did he do that, but also showed his class vs Fury who is total clown show. Great fight to watch.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
one of the better heaveyweight title fights in recent memory. Usyk won the first couple rounds then Fury won four or five rounds. Fury broke Usyk’s jaw at some point then Usyk almost sent Fury through the ropes with several power shots to end round 9. Fury was out on his feet and many thought the ref should have stopped the fight.

Usyk dominated the fight late but Fury was still landing power shots too. Usyk wins by split decision by one point. Rematch tentatively scheduled for October. That was one hell of a good fight and Usyk constantly going forward as the much smaller man was impressive. I had Usyk winning by 3 or 4 points but Fury’s power almost stopped Usyk and Usyk’s power almost stopped Fury.

As far as I can tell, Usyk has never been knocked down in any fight, ever. Usyk was all business and Fury was entertaining as usual. Rematch should be a must watch.
Correct Usyk had never been knocked down. Fury had gone down 7 times ti get up before. If the ref let round 9 keep going, Usyk would have made Fury collapse in that corner. He would not have gotten up after that beating.

Reaction Score
Correct Usyk had never been knocked down. Fury had gone down 7 times ti get up before. If the ref let round 9 keep going, Usyk would have made Fury collapse in that corner. He would not have gotten up after that beating.
The boxing rule is if a fighter is hurt and is clearly held up by the ropes its considered a knockdown and the ref must step in for the count. Not popular but it was the right call. A lot of people dont know the rule. I did not see the fight but saw the knockdown. I had Fury winning by late KO but am not surprised by Usyk who is a great fighter. I will not miss the rematch which i think Usyk would win.

Reaction Score
Congrats to the undisputed champ Usyk ! Excellent win by a very skilled fighter who people said was too small to battle with the heavyweights. No only did he do that, but also showed his class vs Fury who is total clown show. Great fight to watch.
Fury is great, amazing entertainer.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The boxing rule is if a fighter is hurt and is clearly held up by the ropes its considered a knockdown and the ref must step in for the count. Not popular but it was the right call. A lot of people dont know the rule. I did not see the fight but saw the knockdown. I had Fury winning by late KO but am not surprised by Usyk who is a great fighter. I will not miss the rematch which i think Usyk would win.
When Mike Tyson flattened Marvis Frazier in the corner who collapsed against the ropes, the ref did not hurry to jump in ....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When Mike Tyson flattened Marvis Frazier in the corner who collapsed against the ropes, the ref did not hurry to jump in ....

If a fighter is hanging on the ropes and cannot defend himself or if the ropes prevent him from falling down, it’s a knockdown. It was the right call.

Also, Fury’s powers of recovery are otherworldly - after seeing him get up against Wilder, I will believe that Fury is knocked out when someone stands over him and counts to ten. Otherwise, I am assuming nothing.

Reaction Score
If a fighter is hanging on the ropes and cannot defend himself or if the ropes prevent him from falling down, it’s a knockdown. It was the right call.

Also, Fury’s powers of recovery are otherworldly - after seeing him get up against Wilder, I will believe that Fury is knocked out when someone stands over him and counts to ten. Otherwise, I am assuming nothing.
People want to see Tommy Morrison against Ray Mercer. I thought i witnessed a homicide that night.

Reaction Score
After Fury beat Klitschko he tested positive for steroids & cocaine, ate himself stupid and was declared medically unfit to fight for their previously agreed upon rematch

After Fury vs Wilder I, Fury backed out of an agreed upon rematch to instead sign with Top Rank and fight nobodies Schwarz and Wallin to sub 10k crowds in fights nobody cared about(the Wallin fight turned out decent to the drama about his cut eye)

After Fury vs Wilder II, Fury then backed out of the contractually agreed to trilogy to drag out negotiations for a fight with Joshua that was never going to happen, then had to be dragged to court and a judge had to enforce the third fight, which turned out to be a classic

After Fury completed his WBC mandatory to fight Whyte, he then fights a completely washed Chisora in a fight that nobody wanted to see

After Chisora, Fury then fights Ngannou as an active champion instead of fighting Usyk, shows up completely out of shape and probably on narcotics and gets knocked down by a novice and embarrasses boxing in a disputed decision. As a result the expected fight with Usyk was delayed 2 months, then delayed again when the clown Fury suffered a "cut" in sparring two weeks out from the fight date

I wish Usyk could have delivered a Ray Mercer/Tommy Morrison type ending to Fury, dude has been a plague on boxing and the HW division for close to a decade.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure why people are having such a hard time understanding this simple rule. I think its just their bias.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom