DC getting 1.01b hype - Rocketing up draft boards | Page 5 | The Boneyard

DC getting 1.01b hype - Rocketing up draft boards

Reaction Score
Not sure if I sound crazy, but I think Steph should go #1 overall. He showed a lot as a freshman and with his build his upside is huge. He shot is also much better than what people think.

Reaction Score
As the season wound down on a team with Newton, Spencer, and Diarra there were possessions where Steph brought up the ball, started the offense and had the ball as the shot clock wound down. Coach Dan knew what he had in the freshman and let him show it. Steph never looked like he was flustered by anything. The kid was unreal this season.

Reaction Score
Someday i think we`ll be saying "DC was really good here but had no idea he`d end up being that good." It feels with so much that happened in the last two seasons it feels like DC was here 3 years but it was only two and he spent a good part of the first year coming off the bench and the second year working back from injury and getting in shape and was still an amazing player. Imagine what he will be when he gets a chance to develop fully on both ends of the court? Cant wait to see him in the NBA.
Dude, absolutely. When he is making 40% from 3 at the next level, as a seven footer, while also being top 5 in blocks and passing dimes early and often... dude is gonna be nice. He has a nice stroke. The only criticism of him was relative to his college offensive game...but he was young while he was with us, still developing. That's why comparing the college game to the pro's is so tricky. 23 year old DC is going to make us even more proud of him than we are today.

Reaction Score
lol. We got stop the reverse prejudice. Goofy white guys can be great athletes. Shepard has a 42 inch vertical. Knecht is terrific as well.

There are athletic guys everywhere these days .
Agreed but I don't think goofy is the word you were looking for. Marty Conlon and Calvin Booth were goofy.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I love DC but I would take Castle first over pretty much any college player out there besides perhaps Williams. Especially if he measures out 6'5+ barefoot.

Me too.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If you’re a team like Washington and you have no marquee players, attendance is at the bottom of the league, are you going to draft someone from another country who your dwindling fanbase isn’t familiar with?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you’re a team like Washington and you have no marquee players, attendance is at the bottom of the league, are you going to draft someone from another country who your dwindling fanbase isn’t familiar with?
You’re gonna draft whoever you think the best prospect is because your fans will love him by game 5 if he shows superstar potential. Fans always talk themselves into whoever their team drafts anyways…

I know I do.

UconnU

Reaction Score
You’re gonna draft whoever you think the best prospect is because your fans will love him by game 5 if he shows superstar potential. Fans always talk themselves into whoever their team drafts anyways…

I know I do.
So the fact that he has proven marketability, independently built a brand for himself and speaks the same language as the majority of the fans will play no part in where he’s drafted?

Reaction Score
So the fact that he has proven marketability, independently built a brand for himself and speaks the same language as the majority of the fans will play no part in where he’s drafted?
What player are you referring to here?

Reaction Score
Mike Jordan 6' 6"
Steph 6' 5+"

Sam Bowie 7' 1"
DC 7" 2"

Now, let's say you have the 2nd overall pick. Who do you choose 40 years later?

UconnU

Reaction Score
What player are you referring to here?
Almost every other player who’s been mocked top 3-4 is a European player most fans are unfamiliar with, unlike Wemby. It just doesn’t make sense for a team like Washington who has no marketable players on their roster and is sitting at the bottom of the league in attendance to take a project that people are unfamiliar with. After the draft these teams like to parade around their pick and showcase them in the summer league to drum up interest for next season. I’m not saying it’s the deciding factor, but it certainly helps.

Reaction Score
Almost every other player who’s been mocked top 3-4 is a European player most fans are unfamiliar with, unlike Wemby. It just doesn’t make sense for a team like Washington who has no marketable players on their roster and is sitting at the bottom of the league in attendance to take a project that people are unfamiliar with. After the draft these teams like to parade around their pick and showcase them in the summer league to drum up interest for next season. I’m not saying it’s the deciding factor, but it certainly helps.
my post was asking who is the player with "proven marketability and an independently built brand" in this year's draft that you're referring to. none of these college guys are known like that, it's a reason why the men's tournament had zero buzz to casual fans compared to the women's tourney and the NBA lottery was barely discussed prior to Sunday. The most marketable player in the draft averaged 5ppg and is only being talked about as a draft pick because of who his father is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
my post was asking who is the player with "proven marketability and an independently built brand" in this year's draft that you're referring to. none of these college guys are known like that, it's a reason why the men's tournament had zero buzz to casual fans compared to the women's tourney and the NBA lottery was barely discussed prior to Sunday. The most marketable player in the draft averaged 5ppg and is only being talked about as a draft pick because of who his father is.
This is all true but why has there been no marketing for men's college basketball lately and a tremendous push for women's college basketball?

I get that Clark was going for the scoring record but she broke it and there's been wall to wall coverage for her and the women's game ever since. You have to go to podcasts like Dauster's to get any serious men's college basketball talk.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Mike Jordan 6' 6"
Steph 6' 5+"

Sam Bowie 7' 1"
DC 7" 2"

Now, let's say you have the 2nd overall pick. Who do you choose 40 years later?
I love Steph but it is not fair to compare him to the game Jordan was bringing with him to the nba after his junior year.

To your second comp because it had to be Bowie since he was picked before Jordan. It is also interesting because if I remember correctly, I believe he injured his foot and never really recovered or not enough for him to be the player that was drafted.

So let’s hope DC has no more issues with his feet. If he stays healthy I think he will have a much better nba career than Bowie.

Too your overall point, I think I agree. I think Steph will end up being a better nba player than DC. I really think if Steph lands on the right team he may be a starter next year. DC more than likely will be a rotation player and will play based on the texture of each game and how it is being played and called.

Reaction Score
This is all true but why has there been no marketing for men's college basketball lately and a tremendous push for women's college basketball?

I get that Clark was going for the scoring record but she broke it and there's been wall to wall coverage for her and the women's game ever since. You have to go to podcasts like Dauster's to get any serious men's college basketball talk.
Because ESPN doesn't have the Big East.

Reaction Score
I love Steph but it is not fair to compare him to the game Jordan was bringing with him to the nba after his junior year.

To your second comp because it had to be Bowie since he was picked before Jordan. It is also interesting because if I remember correctly, I believe he injured his foot and never really recovered or not enough for him to be the player that was drafted.

So let’s hope DC has no more issues with his feet. If he stays healthy I think he will have a much better nba career than Bowie.

Too your overall point, I think I agree. I think Steph will end up being a better nba player than DC. I really think if Steph lands on the right team he may be a starter next year. DC more than likely will be a rotation player and will play based on the texture of each game and how it is being played and called.
I agree with all that and to be fair you can't compare anyone with MJ.
And yes, let's hope DC stays healthy and has a long illustrious career.

I only compared both because....it's the Boneyard and that's what we do.

Reaction Score

the women's game had their tipping point moment in 2023 when Clark/Iowa upset an undefeated SC team, the TV networks and brands saw the numbers and decided to get behind them. men's game is gonna need a player like that that moves the needle and have them go deep in the tourney to have that attention sprinkle on the rest of the game. feels like the last player that really had motion like that in the men's game was Zion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom