OT: - Carolina Fans in Whalers Gear ? | The Boneyard

OT: Carolina Fans in Whalers Gear ?

Carolina Hurricane Fans wearing Whalers gear? ??

• Yes its good

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • No it's not

Votes: 78 67.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Nah, the Canes have had a couple of throwback nights the last few years. And the Whale jersey is so much better than a Carolina jersey by at least a factor of 10 the locals took notice.
These are heinous.

1715479690738.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm biased because I'm a Rangers fan, but also, I think it's stupid.

Side note, I think Whalers gear anywhere in CT is cool.

Reaction Score
If they were smart they would just rebrand to something whalers related like the Stars from North Stars.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Makes me a little sad to see but hopefully after tomorrow I won’t need to see it anymore this season. LGR

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Like half of the Raleigh/Durham metro area is Connecticut/NY/Northeast people at this point. Very much a non-zero chance that guy has lived in or has an affiliation with the Northeast in some way. Pretending to be mad over this is pretty dumb.

Reaction Score
Like half of the Raleigh/Durham metro area is Connecticut/NY/Northeast people at this point. Very much a non-zero chance that guy has lived in or has an affiliation with the Northeast in some way. Pretending to be mad over this is pretty dumb.
There's a reason the major residential area is named "Cary"...

Containment
Area for
Relocated
Yankees

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm biased because I'm a Rangers fan, but also, I think it's stupid.

Side note, I think Whalers gear anywhere in CT is cool.

Ranger fan (since the days when Eddie giacomin didn't wear a mask) as well and I fully agree with both points.

If they were smart they would just rebrand to something whalers related like the Stars from North Stars.

I could be wrong but I believe when they left, Karmanos gave the rights to the Whaler's name and logos to the city of Hartford.

When the NHL went to throwbacks (I believe a little more than a decade ago) is when the old Whaler gear started to become popular in Carolina. I've only seen games played there on TV and normally only a stray playoff game (this is the second time in three years we've played them) but in Carolina there now are always a few Whalers jerseys scattered in the stands.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Who me? I live in NYC and grew up in CT.

Reaction Score
There's a reason the major residential area is named "Cary"...

Containment
Area for
Relocated
Yankees
That gives me warm fuzzies. Like Deliverance.

Reaction Score
I don't know that it bothers me they use the Whalers logo but I think it's weird. There are bad feelings between the former and current home. I would guess there are very, very few ex-Whaler fans who jumped in and have followed Carolina since leaving. And I feel like it takes away from building the history and presence of their own brand. Only thing I can think is they know the popularity of the logo and it sells them extra merch but not sure how Carolina would possibly profit off that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom