Big East Transfer Portal | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
Dixon didn’t make the jump that he was probably expecting to last year (and I’m down to blame it on Neptune), but he’ll be coming back as a 24 year old post bully that can also shoot threes. Nova won’t be good, but Dixon will be a problem for defenses to handle

Reaction Score
Dixon didn’t make the jump that he was probably expecting to last year (and I’m down to blame it on Neptune), but he’ll be coming back as a 24 year old post bully that can also shoot threes. Nova won’t be good, but Dixon will be a problem for defenses to handle
very true. Nova is going to be bad next year, but can you imagine how bad they would be without Dixon?

Dixon is a good player for sure. He is a Creighton-killer even more than a UConn-killer (not so much last year). With the extreme drop coverage Creighton likes to play with Kalkbrenner camping out in the paint, Dixon is one of the golden keys to unlock that defense as he had a career high of 32 points in Omaha and he 25 (not exactly sure) in the game in Philly. Kalkbrenner has a dilemma when he is playing defense against Dixon.

Reaction Score
given what Nova has brought in compared to last year Dixon probably got a sizeable chunk of their NIL, the guards and overall talent around him is gonna be worse next year than this past season so he's gonna be fighting for his life.

Reaction Score
given what Nova has brought in compared to last year Dixon probably got a sizeable chunk of their NIL, the guards and overall talent around him is gonna be worse next year than this past season so he's gonna be fighting for his life.
If the rumors are to be believed, he's getting a big chunk and another big chunk is going to Wooga Poplar shortly

Reaction Score
If the rumors are to be believed, he's getting a big chunk and another big chunk is going to Wooga Poplar shortly
last year of eligibility and spending it at Nova is a risk after what happened to their high profile transfer-ins last year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
last year of eligibility and spending it at Nova is a risk after what happened to their high profile transfer-ins last year.
Did he put his name in the portal? I don't remember, but he should've. It is kinda dumb for any kid testing the draft waters these days to not put their name in the portal before going. I'd even include Karaban in that, although his situation a bit different in that we have so much juice to come back to now that he wouldn't want to go anywhere else. But every other draft tester for pretty much every other program can only benefit from the bidding wars when they withdraw their name. If he didnt put his name in portal when declaring for draft he can ONLY return to Nova.

Reaction Score
Did he put his name in the portal? I don't remember, but he should've. It is kinda dumb for any kid testing the draft waters these days to not put their name in the portal before going. I'd even include Karaban in that, although his situation a bit different in that we have so much juice to come back to now that he wouldn't want to go anywhere else. But every other draft tester for pretty much every other program can only benefit from the bidding wars when they withdraw their name. If he didnt put his name in portal when declaring for draft he can ONLY return to Nova.
Come to think of it, I don't think he ever did. I was under the assumption he did when I wrote my previous posts in this thread. I think he simply declared for the NBA draft.

As for why returned to Nova, my thoughts on that are encapsulated in the last post on page 7 about his loyalties and such. One thing I did leave out that other people here on page 8 pointed out is that the NIL must have been high for him to return to Nova. So basically big NIL + Philly area and Jay Wright/Kyle Neptune loyalties = only returning to Nova as an option.

August_West

Reaction Score
Come to think of it, I don't think he ever did. I was under the assumption he did when I wrote my previous posts in this thread. I think he simply declared for the NBA draft.

As for why returned to Nova, my thoughts on that are encapsulated in the last post on page 7 about his loyalties and such. One thing I did leave out that other people here on page 8 pointed out is that the NIL must have been high for him to return to Nova. So basically big NIL + Philly area and Jay Wright/Kyle Neptune loyalties = only returning to Nova as an option.

He couldve still gone back to nova after entering portal and testing draft, but with increased NIL leverage.

Reaction Score
I was referring to Wooga Poplar, but in regards to Dixon he didn't enter his name in the portal and yes it's very surprising he didn't to see what his value would be on the market. another twist I've read is that since he participated in the Portsmouth Invitational during the pre-draft process he will likely be subject to a 3 game suspension to start the season.

Reaction Score
I don't understand what they're doing there. They have great NIL, a great recent reputation for winning, and great current NBA success. They should be crushing it right now, it makes no sense they haven't already pulled the plug on Neptune.

August_West

Reaction Score
I don't understand what they're doing there. They have great NIL, a great recent reputation for winning, and great current NBA success. They should be crushing it right now, it makes no sense they haven't already pulled the plug on Neptune.
I understand that the "great NIL" is already been muted a bit because some of the deep pockets are wary of Neptune being the guy. Nova is going to give it another go this season. It is a real risky proposition.

Reaction Score
I understand that the "great NIL" is already been muted a bit because some of the deep pockets are wary of Neptune being the guy. Nova is going to give it another go this season. It is a real risky proposition.
Everyone knows he's not the guy, that's why I don't understand why they didn't pull the band-aid after last season. It's like everyone involved including Neptune knows he's getting fired at the end of next season.

August_West

Reaction Score
Everyone knows he's not the guy, that's why I don't understand why they didn't pull the band-aid after last season. It's like everyone involved including Neptune knows he's getting fired at the end of next season.

Too much tied to Jay to jettison after 2 years. They are in a rough spot

Reaction Score
Too much tied to Jay to jettison after 2 years. They are in a rough spot
They're choosing to make it rough, that's what I don't understand.

Everyone knows he's terrible and they made a big mistake, no reason to harm the program for more years.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Great college player with no real weaknesses and a lot of excellent qualities. Sadly, NBA not looking for prototypical power forwards. Reminds me of the Sanogo story only a somewhat different set of tools. Hard to believe that these guys have seemingly at best a two way contract potential. Kid is a winner though and will be successful in whatever he endeavors. Like Sanogo would really like to see him get some opportunities A real credit to the Villanova program and Big East. Very worthy opponent with good charachter.

Reaction Score

There were rumor leaks of a nova player getting ready to enter portal and everyone thought it was gonna be him... ended up being Hausen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom