OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 318 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Ok, so we headed to Pepe’s in Fairfield last Saturday and I have to say I was very pessimistic about what the pizza would be like. All I can say is Dave Portnoy has to go there and give a review. I thought it was excellent, definitely better than the last Pepe’s pizza I had in Danbury a few months back. I had the sausage and mushroom and I thought it was close to an 8.6. The manager runs the place like a ship, and it’s a great ship. This pizza, and the service, the ambiance of the place, reminded me of the old Pepe’s I remember going to 50 years ago.
Honestly if you gave me the Fairfield Pepe's and the New Haven Pepe's blindfolded I doubt I could tell the difference. It's exceptional.

Reaction Score
Honestly if you gave me the Fairfield Pepe's and the New Haven Pepe's blindfolded I doubt I could tell the difference. It's exceptional.
Honestly, I thought the sausage and mushroom pie I had there last Saturday was better than the last Modern S&M I had. I will say though that if you want a cheese only pie I’d still ask for the Modern first.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I've been telling people for a long time, Fairfield Pepes is excellent. I eat there occasionally and get take out all the time (can make R/T from Norwalk in less than 30 minutes w/o traffic), can't remember the last time I had a pie that wasn't excellent.

The oven is now almost 20 years old, so its properly seasoned. And for a long time, the pizza makers in Fairfield had to put in a few years in New Haven prior to working there. 9.2!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I live 1 mile from Sapore. Portnoy gave it a 7.9/8.1 this week. I gave it a 6.2. Dude is a hack. I love his propping of CT pizza, so I will take it, but what a
fear clowns GIF

Reaction Score
I live 1 mile from Sapore. Portnoy gave it a 7.9/8.1 this week. I gave it a 6.2. Dude is a hack. I love his propping of CT pizza, so I will take it, but what a
fear clowns GIF

Obviously no disrespect to you, but you understand he’s eaten maybe 25,000 more pizza slices than you. Right?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Obviously no disrespect to you, but you understand he’s eaten maybe 25,000 more pizza slices than you. Right?
I think you're wrong there. Portnoy eats a slice. ADub houses the entire pie.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
It's Connecticut. Slices don't count. not parmasean. Pecorino Romano.

Reaction Score
There are several serviceable options on the shoreline, they are all decent. Carpanzano’s in Guilford is similarly good, but has better pasta dishes.
Portnoy was just in Guilford. 8.2. He certainly loves Connecticut pizza.

Reaction Score
Yesterday around noon a friend and I were in New Haven and on the way home I decided to go down Wooster St to get on I-95. Sally's had a line 20 deep and Pepe's was just starting to fill. Being that parking was available we were seated in Pepe's where we ordered three small pies. Mozz with pepperoni and peppers, white clam and mozz with bacon and onion along with a large birch and large orange Foxon Park. You can't have New Haven pizza unless you have Foxon Park soda. Nothing better than an unplanned lunch with a friend at Pepe's.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is like ADub telling Jerry Garcia he was off on some 40 minute guitar solo.
I would do that. Jerry Garcia at his best is a million times the guitar player Ill ever be, but if you listen to his sad playing from 1995 (the year he passed away) I was at least 100 times better. He literally could not play the guitar. At all.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You've tried all the rest?

You’ve just disqualified every human being on planet earth from being able to participate in the thread. Including yourself - show yourself out.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
ctbites.com , which I'm not convinced isn't a "pay-to-play" website, did a fluff piece today raving about Vincenzo's Pizzeria in Waterbury. Any reviews/opnions?

Reaction Score

-> The Dorchester location is set to open in the South Bay Center off of I-93, while the Concord location is part of a new development. It will include a Starbucks and Chipotle and will be located in the former Papa Razzi Trattoria, according to a Sally’s press release this week.

Both are slated to open in 2025, and a Seaport location is also on the way, its opening date now pushed to 2025 as well. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom