2025 Recruiting Targets? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting Targets?

Reaction Score
Jemison just doesn't get to the line for them, he does his damage scoring from three and cutting to the rim for dunks. I like how unselfish he is while other guys are trying to get there's. In the 10 eybl games Jemison is averaging 12.5 ppg, 58% fg, 41% three, 71% ft on very little ft's.
Yeah that’s a good point. AAU is mostly a ball dominant showcase so it’s nice to find guys who score in the halfcourt without having the ball in their hands constantly.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Brandon Jenkins watched Mullins extensively this past weekend.

"A lethal shot maker from deep with an extremely quick release," Jenkins said. "He is a comfortable movement shooter with great positional size at the two-guard spot. He additionally can get off the floor well, move the ball, and is proven in thriving alongside great talent. Ideal grab for a winning program."

This analysis sounds like a Jordan Hawkins comp. Sounds like Mullins wants to go to a winning program. Our offense can definitely showcase his talents.

Reaction Score
247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Brandon Jenkins watched Mullins extensively this past weekend.

"A lethal shot maker from deep with an extremely quick release," Jenkins said. "He is a comfortable movement shooter with great positional size at the two-guard spot. He additionally can get off the floor well, move the ball, and is proven in thriving alongside great talent. Ideal grab for a winning program."

This analysis sounds like a Jordan Hawkins comp. Sounds like Mullins wants to go to a winning program. Our offense can definitely showcase his talents.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Mullins’ latest video: you see a sniper, quick release.

Not real conventional, he’s almost like a Caitlin Clark but he’s leaning forward a bit when he shoots on the move. His spot up J is real nice.

Interesting, but nothing I’d have an issue with if he’s strumming it like that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
UConn: “UConn was there for a while. UConn was probably the beginning of the season, first month of the season. Yeah, I’ve been talking with them. It’s been on and off though, so.”

Not sure what that means. UConn isn't 100% interested?

It’s a weird quote for sure, but in the article he specifically names UCLA, then UConn as the schools he knows he wants to visit. Hurley went to watch him in person, so it seems like we’re heavily involved as of this moment.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Sounds also like a Ray Allen comparison or Hawkins after the summer after freshman year.

Reaction Score
The 6-foot-4 combo guard had Tom Izzo (Michigan State), Nate Oats (Alabama), Mike Woodson (Indiana), and Dusty May (Michigan) at some of his games over the weekend. He holds offers from three of those schools, while May and Michigan have yet to re-offer since taking over, but he and Adams have been in contact.

UConn’s Dan Hurley was also in attendance, though the Huskies have yet to reach out to Adams, he says.

Reaction Score

I wouldn't spend much time thinking about Dybantsa. Just doesn't seem UConn is recruiting him since he hasn't mentioned them since last fall. I've said this before and I'll say it again, when there's a prospect that might make sense for UConn and that recruit isn't mentioning UConn then there is probably a good chance that the recruit just isn't a good fit. Hurley has been very frank about what he is looking for and what he doesn't like in recruits. UConn is now in a position that they can be very picky going after kids who fit what they want. They won't get everyone, but it does seem they have a very high hit rate on the kids they really want.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't spend much time thinking about Dybantsa. Just doesn't seem UConn is recruiting him since he hasn't mentioned them since last fall. I've said this before and I'll say it again, when there's a prospect that might make sense for UConn and that recruit isn't mentioning UConn then there is probably a good chance that the recruit just isn't a good fit. Hurley has been very frank about what he is looking for and what he doesn't like in recruits. UConn is now in a position that they can be very picky going after kids who fit what they want. They won't get everyone, but it does seem they have a very high hit rate on the kids they really want.
It was just reported that the staff watched every game of his last weekend.

Reaction Score
Goodman said on a recent Field of 68 the teams to watch are Bama, Auburn and UConn

Reaction Score
I doubt he's coming here, especially now moving across the country for his senior year. But we just watched every game he played last weekend so Hurley is definitely still interested in him

Reaction Score
It was just reported that the staff watched every game of his last weekend.
I doubt he's coming here, especially now moving across the country for his senior year. But we just watched every game he played last weekend so Hurley is definitely still interested in him
We don't know if they were watching Dybantsa. Could have been Stokes. Could have been players on the other teams. We'll see if something happens but I don't think they are recruiting him.

Reaction Score
We don't know if they were watching Dybantsa. Could have been Stokes. Could have been players on the other teams. We'll see if something happens but I don't think they are recruiting him.
You're right, maybe all the recruiting sites are wrong and we just happened to want to watch an opponent of AJ Dybantsa every single game. That would be quite the coincidence

Reaction Score
I saw an article where Hurley was watching one of his games last weekend. Did the articles say Hurley watched all of his games? I missed that. I haven't seen Dybantsa mention UConn at all since last fall. Recruiting is so fluid that things can change but I'm sticking with my belief that they aren't recruiting him.

Well he was at Prolific Prep in California last year and now he's transferring to Utah Prep for his senior season. So he's moving closer to Connecticut. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know zero about Utah prep minus that it is in Utah.. anyone have some background

Reaction Score
I saw an article where Hurley was watching one of his games last weekend. Did the articles say Hurley watched all of his games? I missed that. I haven't seen Dybantsa mention UConn at all since last fall. Recruiting is so fluid that things can change but I'm sticking with my belief that they aren't recruiting him.

Well he was at Prolific Prep in California last year and now he's transferring to Utah Prep for his senior season. So he's moving closer to Connecticut. :)

This was in the recap of last weekend's EYBL games from On3, and Cue the Music is always tracking the staff and said they watched all his games

IMG_7222.jpeg

awy

Reaction Score
AJ seems like a basketball obsessed kid so in a vacuum it might work well with uconn but the dad is very involved and might explain some of the weird stuff happening.

Reaction Score
AJ seems like a basketball obsessed kid so in a vacuum it might work well with uconn but the dad is very involved and might explain some of the weird stuff happening.
His dad is a police officer from what I heard on the Aaron Torres podcast. Dybansta's father is about structure, discipline, and accountability. There isn't another coach and school where those 3 attributes will be sharpened more than Hurley at UConn. Also keep in mind, Hurley's father, the legendary high school coach Bob Hurley Sr., was a probation officer and I am sure Dan Hurley can draw on that experience in his recruiting discussions with Dybansta's father and relate to him and AJ better.

Who knows where AJ ultimately goes, but UConn will be a major player in his recruitment.

Reaction Score

This kid can't stay at a program or school for more than 8 months. Strikes me as a red flag. Obviously the staff knows the story, so if we're on him there's a good reason for the changing teams 4x in 3 years. But if we stop recruiting him seriously, I think we have our answer.

Reaction Score
His dad is a police officer from what I heard on the Aaron Torres podcast. Dybansta's father is about structure, discipline, and accountability. There isn't another coach and school where those 3 attributes will be sharpened more than Hurley at UConn. Also keep in mind, Hurley's father, the legendary high school coach Bob Hurley Sr., was a probation officer and I am sure Dan Hurley can draw on that experience in his recruiting discussions with Dybansta's father and relate to him and AJ better.

Who knows where AJ ultimately goes, but UConn will be a major player in his recruitment.

True story: I coached a kid in AAU who played D2 before going D1 and his dad was a cop who got drunk at the games regularly and fought me in a parking lot over playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom