2025 Recruiting Targets? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting Targets?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I get the nil idea, but why byu? I am willing to bet plenty of other programs could put up a similar bag (think Kentucky, Duke, kansas, bama, etc. ) There has to be something other than just pure money if he does chose byu.
The same way our coaches demonstrate things that resonate with certain players and their mentors the BYU powers to be resonated with the Dybansta group more than any other program or so it appears.

The quick reaction with some posters in the Boneyard is to make the case any player we’re recruiting and lose as chasing money. That’s not always the case and certainly hard to prove. Between AJ’s dad's statements and the history of AJ’s school movement there is enough evidence to make a compelling case that dad is cashing in on his son’s abilities and has been for some time. AJ is comfortable with it and, at least up to this point, it hasn’t negatively impacted his play.

Reaction Score
BYU just got a Russian kid who’s basically a 5-star. So yeah, wouldn’t shock me at all if they were real players for AJ.

Reaction Score
Is that why he never visited Utah Prep? He knew that was the kind of place where he could concentrate on basketball? Their website must be very convincing.
I feel like it's not that uncommon for basketball players to do that. He's going there for 1 reason, basketball. He's not gonna care what the campus looks like or anything, it's just is this coach going to showcase me for college

Reaction Score
Sounds like BYU has a good base of NIL/etc. to compete in this era of MBB. A few years down the road will the ex-BYU coach get Kentucky to higher results than his old team. Same question Kentucky vs. Arkansas. Will be a wild next few years as a lot of teams "opening up the check book" and only so many places in the final four. Still early on in this environment, not nearly time enough yet to find the upper limit of "you gave the kid that much bag!".

Reaction Score
I feel like it's not that uncommon for basketball players to do that. He's going there for 1 reason, basketball. He's not gonna care what the campus looks like or anything, it's just is this coach going to showcase me for college
If that's the case wouldn't you want to see the facilities and meet the coach in person? Just seems strange to me. He's the #1 recruit, does he need any more showcasing? I could see development as the reason but not showcasing.

I hope you don't send your children to a prep school for academics without them seeing the school just because you know that school is really good academically and you want to send your child there.

I wish I could talk to 100 2025 recruits who are at a prep school and ask them if they saw the school they're at before committing to go there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If that's the case wouldn't you want to see the facilities and meet the coach in person? Just seems strange to me.

I hope you don't send your children to a prep school for academics without them seeing the school just because you know that school is really good academically and you want to send your child there.

I wish I could talk to 100 2025 recruits who are at a prep school and ask them if they saw the school they're at before committing to go there.
yeah it's a bizarre situation. not sure why anyone would ever go to a school without ever seeing it in person. that's like buying a house after only seeing it on zillow

Reaction Score
yeah it's a bizarre situation. not sure why anyone would ever go to a school without ever seeing it in person. that's like buying a house after only seeing it on zillow
I bought my house having only seen Polaroid pictures Fed-Exed to me in the days before the internet. Also had first-person descriptions from my mother-in-law and brother-in-law. 33 years later, I still live that house which has been all paid for for years. Best purchase I ever made!

Reaction Score
I bought my house having only seen Polaroid pictures Fed-Exed to me in the days before the internet. Also had first-person descriptions from my mother-in-law and brother-in-law. 33 years later, I still live that house which has been all paid for for years. Best purchase I ever made!
yeah I guess it works out sometimes!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom