OT: Zona vs. UNLV | The Boneyard

OT: Zona vs. UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Biggest upset of the season so far. How the hell did this happen?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I tend to agree that you typically see these kind of huge upsets earlier in the season. By this point in the OOC, the Top 10 teams are typically rolling, but that is why they play the games.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This isn't the biggest upset of the season.

UNLV is loaded with talent - they just rarely put it together because the coach is a chowderhead.

But occasionally, they all run in the right direction and then a bunch of five-star players look like a bunch of five-start players.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Biggest upset of the season so far. How the hell did this happen?
Yale over Uconn. Directional schools over Michigan and Michigam state. incarnate Word over Nebraska, Temple crushing Kansas and about 25 others rank ahead of this one on the list of biggest upsets.

Reaction Score
Game was in Vegas too. Never saw it coming but Vaughan is a big time player who likely won't be there last this season.

One thing about zona is that they got one hell of a starting five but their bench leaves a lot to be desired. They should keep fingers crossed that injuries or foul trouble does not derail their chances at a trip to Indy.

Reaction Score
Not sure why but I love it when Zona loses.
They have never really done anything to me and I feel bad about it sometimes. Their fans were West Coast rednecks when I was at our regional- but we won that game -and I live in GA so I have a great ability to ignore rednecks. Strange.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
since '09 there have not been any "great" teams, there have been plenty of very good teams but no dominate great teams

Reaction Score
since '09 there have not been any "great" teams, there have been plenty of very good teams but no dominate great teams
Do you mean UConn or NCAA wide? If you mean NCAA wide I would put 2012 Kentucky and 2014 Florida. If not for UConn, Florida is a 39-1 NCAA champion.

And I expect big things out of our team next year, it has potential to be one of the better teams since 2009. The only thing the team lacks as of now is a ball dominant Jr. or Sr. PG.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Do you mean UConn or NCAA wide? If you mean NCAA wide I would put 2012 Kentucky and 2014 Florida. If not for UConn, Florida is a 39-1 NCAA champion.

And I expect big things out of our team next year, it has potential to be one of the better teams since 2009. The only thing the team lacks as of now is a ball dominant Jr. or Sr. PG.
nation wide... do you think those uk and florida teams would beat most teams from '09 and earlier? you can look at the big east alone with uconn, pitt, nova, louisville, cuse and definitely unc(not big east)... those teams had size across the board and what made them even better was the fact that they had very good point guards... also look at their records and who they played and how they won... uk was mainly davis but even he didnt dominate games on the offensive end it was his defense and florida had no offense, they were good at defense until uconn exposed them in the final four... i'm saying if you stack up these current teams against teams from '09 and earlier i dont seem them beating them

Reaction Score
This isn't the biggest upset of the season.

UNLV is loaded with talent - they just rarely put it together because the coach is a chowderhead.

But occasionally, they all run in the right direction and then a bunch of five-star players look like a bunch of five-start players.

He's a clueless coach you can see it by watching them play. They pretty much do whatever the feel like 90% of the time - out of control but as Fishy said even playing like that, they are too talented not to throw together some great games!

Reaction Score
I'd be very comfortable that both 2012 Kentucky and 2014 Florida could beat 2009 Villanova and that Kentucky at least would be able to beat 2009 Michigan State. 2009 Pitt and 2014 Florida are basically the same teams.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
2008-2009 was one of the best years for college hoops. Absolutely loaded at the top. UNC, UConn, Villanova, Louisville, and Pitt all could have won titles the last few years. They were stacked at every position - nowadays every team has a weakness in their starting 5.

Reaction Score
Not sure why but I love it when Zona loses.
They have never really done anything to me and I feel bad about it sometimes. Their fans were West Coast rednecks when I was at our regional- but we won that game -and I live in GA so I have a great ability to ignore rednecks. Strange.
I heard SDSU fans were similar. I seem to remember a LOT of talking surrounding "east coast bias" that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom