Zimmerman commits to UNLV | The Boneyard

Zimmerman commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you ever wanted to see how things work with an absolutely superior recruiting assistant coach, see UNLV.

Thank God Dave Rice and Todd Simon have no clue how to coach these kids or UNLV would actually be dangerous.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They are just getting it done. Something that is missing at Storrs.

Reaction Score
They get it done recruiting and then we never hear about UNLV or any of these kids again unless there is a special about the team from 1990. I'll never understand why kids want to go to a school in a nothing conference, rarely be seen on TV and he coached by a terrible coach. It is Vegas, all I can think of is hookers and blow.

Reaction Score
Zimmerman is overated, a poor man version of Raef Lafrentz.
Yet if he came here youd be jumping for joy and he wouldnt be so "overrated". The kid can play. He lives in vegas so i can see why they got him but unlv does recruit well considering they win nothing and are in a nothing conference. Makes you wonder whats going on with KO and recruiting. We really need to get someone here who can recruit which doesnt be Ollies strongest virtue.

Reaction Score
Zimmerman lives 10 miles from the UNLV campus. Is it really that surprising ?
It is, but only because Kentucky's been all over him the past year. It feels like whenever UK loses a recruiting battle to a non-P5 school it's a major upset, regardless of other factors.

Reaction Score
They get it done recruiting and then we never hear about UNLV or any of these kids again unless there is a special about the team from 1990. I'll never understand why kids want to go to a school in a nothing conference, rarely be seen on TV and he coached by a terrible coach. It is Vegas, all I can think of is hookers and blow.
right? but wouldnt you rather go to a 'better' nice weather center? I don't know how all the best recruits don't go to just Miami, Florida, USC, UCLA, Arizona, ASU, etc

Reaction Score
I guess "getting it done" doesn't actually mean winning games. When the head coach's job status is up for review like Rice's was this season, that is not getting it done.

I mean if I were a kid I'd be very hesitant on going to play for a coach who's single reason for keeping his job is not his coaching ability, but the fact he has some good recruits coming in. :eek:

Reaction Score
I guess "getting it done" doesn't actually mean winning games. When the head coach's job status is up for review like Rice's was this season, that is not getting it done.

I think some of these folks would rather fantasize about next year then enjoy winning now. UNLV is recruiting well, but they obviously had a leg up on Zimmerman, since he's from Las Vegas.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
I've never seen anyone do less with more than UNLV and Dave Rice. Zimmerman to the Rebs should be no surprise considering the proximity but with most other top notch recruits I suspect foul play. The reason Rice hasn't gotten canned is because he is connected in recruiting and they fear if they move on from him that it will be a barren wasteland in the desert

caw

Reaction Score
I've never seen anyone do less with more than UNLV and Dave Rice. Zimmerman to the Rebs should be no surprise considering the proximity but with most other top notch recruits I suspect foul play. The reason Rice hasn't gotten canned is because he is connected in recruiting and they fear if they move on from him that it will be a barren wasteland in the desert

I think this is his last year unless they have a great run. Zimmerman is the main reason he wasn't canned, meaning the Zimmermans had a very strong connection with him.

Reaction Score
Completely unsurprising. He could practically walk to school there...

Reaction Score
thats not really an insult..we could use a few homeless versions of raef in the frontcourt
Yes that was a bad analogy , I still have nightmares of him and that beat down Kansas gave us out there.

Reaction Score
Problem with UNLV is the 5 star recruits stay one season. Bennett, Vaughn and don't forget Roscoe Smith who played one season. Tough to build a team with a revolving door of players.

Reaction Score

Says us

Reaction Score
We sound like spurned lovers like the UNLV coach took our girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom