ZERO hustle, ZERO smart basketball plays | The Boneyard

ZERO hustle, ZERO smart basketball plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This is not a classic UCONN team, not because of raw talent...

They play with no intensity, no D, their offense is stagnant despite a talented group because no one knows how to play smart basketball...and worst of all, they get out-hustled constantly.

I'm not a typical "post all negative crap after a loss" but those things I just mentioned are qualities that good teams have, that this team hasn't shown much of this season.

Those things are so much more concerning to me than shooting slumps, positional issues, etc. They could make noise if those things were present, but who on this team shows any bball IQ, toughness, intensity, leadership when needed?

Reaction Score
Closest to it as of right now is Gibbs. Hamilton....what a disappointment. If he doesn't show up offensively next game I might have to give up on him all together. This is 4 games in a row. WAKE UP!!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Other than making open 3s, I've seen none of the things I mentioned from Gibbs...

I'd say the closest to it is Adams, Calhoun and Nolan/Facey. But unfortunately they either do other things poorly or they're bench role players...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
None of the guys with big minutes, big responsibilities are doing anything to show toughness or leadership.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate to say this - but sometimes I wonder, do most of these guys even care when they lose?

Reaction Score
DHam & Purvis 3 for 21. That says it all...well at least most of it.

DHam has really been struggling to score lately. IMO, the team goes as DHam goes. Kick in a bad game from Purvis and UConn's chances of coming away with a W are slim.

From day one, I had my concerns about this team. I really didn't know what to expect. Did I expect them to struggle as much as they have? No. Do they have a chance to be a very good team? Frankly, I just don't know.

How do others feel about this team? As uncertain as I am?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Now, everybody knows just how good Ryan Boatright was.

Reaction Score
Now, everybody knows just how good Ryan Boatright was.
Love how somebody brought this up. Going into the season, the expectations were that we would be a lot better of a team with the additions the staff made and the expected improvement of the returning players. One thing people need to realize is we lost the best player from last season and his name is Ryan Boatright. Say what you want, but Id rather have Boatright right now than Gibbs

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Love how somebody brought this up. Going into the season, the expectations were that we would be a lot better of a team with the additions the staff made and the expected improvement of the returning players. One thing people need to realize is we lost the best player from last season and his name is Ryan Boatright. Say what you want, but Id rather have Boatright right now than Gibbs

I would rather have Boat than almost any two players on the team.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If there was some alternate universe where Boatright had one more year of eligibility, I think this team would be 14-2 right now with the boatshow. His ability to penetrate, provide tough, reliably shoot the 3 ball (open or contested), and most importantly lead VOCALLY would really help this team.

Reaction Score

so would anyone with an IQ over 60, but that doesnt mean much. gibbs is the least of our problems right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom