Zach Lowe 10 things ESPN article. Andre Drummond | The Boneyard

Zach Lowe 10 things ESPN article. Andre Drummond

Reaction Score
I know it may seem as if I am constantly bashing Andre, or complaining too much, but it comes from the standpoint of him being my favorite player in the league and unfortunately not seeing much improvement from year to year. I think he has the potential to expand his game, and i’m not sure if it is effort or just lack of skill at this junction of his career. But this section of the article tackles exactly what I have been saying about Andre, the defensive stats look nice, but dig deeper and he is not exactly a stopper. The rebounding is phenomenal, as it always is, but his shooting has been mediocre for a Center and his touch is similarly disappointing.

Anyways, here’s the link to the article if anyone cares to read:
Lowe: Ten things I like and don't like, including Luka's LeBron dimes

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The guy is stuck in NBA purgatory in Detroit and its leading him to bad habits. I think he'd do great on a team with a clue or hope or a future, something like the Mavs, but as long as the Pistons remain an aimless franchise, this is who he is.

Reaction Score
I know it may seem as if I am constantly bashing Andre, or complaining too much, but it comes from the standpoint of him being my favorite player in the league and unfortunately not seeing much improvement from year to year. I think he has the potential to expand his game, and i’m not sure if it is effort or just lack of skill at this junction of his career. But this section of the article tackles exactly what I have been saying about Andre, the defensive stats look nice, but dig deeper and he is not exactly a stopper. The rebounding is phenomenal, as it always is, but his shooting has been mediocre for a Center and his touch is similarly disappointing.

Anyways, here’s the link to the article if anyone cares to read:
Lowe: Ten things I like and don't like, including Luka's LeBron dimes

I don’t see any hate from you. Andre, even during his good games, is extremely frustrating to watch. He does so much wrong fundamentally and mentally.

Reaction Score
I don’t see any hate from you. Andre, even during his good games, is extremely frustrating to watch. He does so much wrong fundamentally and mentally.
It just aggravates me because I can see how much potential he has. I mean, he handles the ball incredibly well for a big man, had great agility and athleticism, although it seems his athleticism has diminished as he has put on weight, and can pass well when given the chance. He doesn’t go up strong, and he gets his shot blocked at an alarming rate for how big and strong he is, it’s concerning.

Reaction Score
It just aggravates me because I can see how much potential he has. I mean, he handles the ball incredibly well for a big man, had great agility and athleticism, although it seems his athleticism has diminished as he has put on weight, and can pass well when given the chance. He doesn’t go up strong, and he gets his shot blocked at an alarming rate for how big and strong he is, it’s concerning.

I remember the first time I saw Drummond on the floor for UConn in the pre game lay up line in an exhibition game. I was in the 200's at Gampel and saw this extremely fluid guy. I was wondering if it was a small forward I had forgotten we recruited. Then I figured out it was Andre. He moved so well, I couldnt believe it was someone his size. I dont know if he can still move like that, but it was impressive.

Reaction Score
He’s a solid guy for DFS. Those rebounds add up

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Andre needs some good coaching from a legit big man coach - maybe Shaq or Bill Walton
I don't care how big or physical you are, when you are surrounded by like people who have experience and know how you tend to look lost
I am also wondering how much he works on his game in the off season
He had too much potential and physical attributes to not be one of the best

Reaction Score
Elite garbage man?

If that's all he is than he's probably the most elite garbage man in the history of the NBA considering he's one of the best rebounders in the history of the NBA.

Reaction Score
Andre needs some good coaching from a legit big man coach - maybe Shaq or Bill Walton
I don't care how big or physical you are, when you are surrounded by like people who have experience and know how you tend to look lost
I am also wondering how much he works on his game in the off season
He had too much potential and physical attributes to not be one of the best

Bill Walton could certainly help him on his grateful dead knowledge

Reaction Score
Playing really bad, he seems like he just doesn’t care, and that coincides with the Pistons overall struggles. The last month and a half or so he has been mostly mediocre, sad to watch.

C

Chief00

The guy is stuck in NBA purgatory in Detroit and its leading him to bad habits. I think he'd do great on a team with a clue or hope or a future, something like the Mavs, but as long as the Pistons remain an aimless franchise, this is who he is.

Chief doesn’t say this without thought but I agree. Dre needs a change in atmosphere. The problem is generally Detroit is not a destination for talented guys with Blake being an exception. So that and Dre’s contract make moving difficult. I would love to see Dre on Boston or S.A..

Reaction Score
Chief doesn’t say this without thought but I agree. Dre needs a change in atmosphere. The problem is generally Detroit is not a destination for talented guys with Blake being an exception. So that and Dre’s contract make moving difficult. I would love to see Dre on Boston or S.A..

SA would be risky with Pop leaving soon.

Brad wouldn't pay for a center as expensive as Dre who can't shoot. Not his system.

Reaction Score
I think you'll see what kind of player he COULD be in a better environment once Boogie gets some burn in GS. If Kerr can mold Cousins into an already effective championship offense, that's the ceiling you'd look to develop for Dre.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's seven years into his career. I think it's WYSIWYG now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom