Zac Boyer and John Silver just launched a UConn newsletter | The Boneyard

Zac Boyer and John Silver just launched a UConn newsletter

Reaction Score
In case you missed this on the MBB and Hockey Forums:

This is a shameless plug because I like both of these guys and I hope this succeeds....

But I’m also really looking forward to this - John Silver and Zac Boyer launched a new UConn sports newsletter about four minutes ago. This actually has a hell of a lot of potential - both were terrific when they were on the UConn beat. It’s not a website, it’s a morning email newsletter delivered five days a week.

The UConn Daily launched in November 2018 in order to provide UConn fans with the most up-to-date news and analysis straight to their email inbox each weekday morning. Created by two award-winning journalists and UConn graduates, we are committed to bringing you the best of UConn news and analysis in the morning from all sources. There will be no paywalls, clickbait or pop-up ads. What you see is what you get.

The UConn Daily

Reaction Score
Thanks Medic for the plug. You guys know I spent the most fun part of my career following this team. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I like writing it.
Just subscribed. Great idea. Don't have time every day to go surfing for news. But a daily quick briefing is just what the doctor ordered.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wonderful - thanks for the link Fishy and Medic! Just subscribed.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Thanks Medic for the plug. You guys know I spent the most fun part of my career following this team. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I like writing it.
Got my first notification today. Strong work, guys!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Definitely a good resource. Good stuff!

Reaction Score
Hi guys. Week almost done, and work in progress. What do you guys think of everyday, m-f?

Looking for initial feedback.

You can say what you think here and/or email me at john@uconndaily.com.

Enjoying it. Passed it on to a few folks. Keep up the good work.
M-F is ok with me or more if you think you have enough material and time.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Hi guys. Week almost done, and work in progress. What do you guys think of everyday, m-f?

Looking for initial feedback.

You can say what you think here and/or email me at john@uconndaily.com.

Love the newsletter. Thank you (and Zac) for putting this together. Great stuff in there - prefer the "bullet point" style of news reporting. Quick and straight to the point.

Appreciate the tip of the cap to us degenerates throughout the week too. Deep down, we're all interested in the odds of games.

In my opinion, everyday is best. That covers football on the weekends and also any big weekend hoops/hockey games played. But that's completely up to you two and will ready whenever it's delivered to my inbox. :)

Dooley

Reaction Score
Fantastic stuff about Pindell this morning. Agreed with every word. Really a shame that Pindell is our starting QB in 2018 and not 2009 or 2010. Really rooting for him to get a shot with a NFL club similar to Tim Boyle in Green Bay.

I did NOT realize that Pindell is on pace to post the 3rd highest rushing season in UConn history behind Brown and Todman. Impressive company!

Reaction Score
Fantastic stuff about Pindell this morning. Agreed with every word. Really a shame that Pindell is our starting QB in 2018 and not 2009 or 2010. Really rooting for him to get a shot with a NFL club similar to Tim Boyle in Green Bay.

I did NOT realize that Pindell is on pace to post the 3rd highest rushing season in UConn history behind Brown and Todman. Impressive company!

Thanks. That was my man Z Boyer today. His idea. That's the kind of thing we are going to do if it warrants. We are having a blast writing this and the list keeps growing.

Reaction Score
Thanks. That was my man Z Boyer today. His idea. That's the kind of thing we are going to do if it warrants. We are having a blast writing this and the list keeps growing.

I’m impressed with your ability to keep the content coming. I would guess that you have plans to do more than a newsletter with this at some point.

Reaction Score
Yes. The plans are to do more. Maybe soon. We are doing well with signups but we need to concentrate there. If we get enough signups for newsletter, we can do some really cool things. The Quicker we build list, quicker we can do some more.

Did you post this on the women’s board? You’ll get a lot of subscriptions if they can figure out how to turn on the computer.

All kidding aside, most of them don’t visit any other board here. You’ll get a nice bump if huskynan pins it.

Reaction Score
I didn’t post on women’s board. I would gladly chime in if a regular out here wants to link it up. But, I respect the board and won’t spam it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd love a podcast with you two. I find the Courant Husky whatever one to be dull and unlistenable. I think you guys could fill a big void. Not really any UConn podcasts out there.

Reaction Score
I didn’t post on women’s board. I would gladly chime in if a regular out here wants to link it up. But, I respect the board and won’t spam it.

Bwak Bwak Bwaaak Bwak Bwak ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom