OT: - Youth sports this summer? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Youth sports this summer?

Reaction Score
My kids are still little so the pain involved from loss of sports is minimal - but our entire spring soccer season was (of course) cancelled, and the league is asking parents to "donate" 100% of the fee. They take 20% off the top and you can choose 50% or 100%. Does anyone else have a league that is not reimbursing? I understand they have some fixed costs but you have a lot of parents out of work, it's a tough line to take.

We pay for premier league which is hefty cost, and there has been no talk of reimbursements for the main tuition. I imagine that any reimbursements at this point would annihilate the club.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I told my kids back in March that they probably won’t be able to play travel or AAU basketball again til 2021. They’ve accepted using a year off as an opportunity to get stronger and better. I’m also gonna use this missed time as an opportunity to reclassify my oldest kid.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My kid's last year of Little League....he plays spring and then the district team into the summer and I coach him. It's really heartbreaking....I know people are dealing with much bigger real life issues (sickness, lost jobs, social isolation), but I can't help but be really saddened by it. You can't get this time back...

While I'm a big sports fan in general, missing pro sports is nothing compared to this...I have the rest of my life to watch grown men play for millions...losing the youth sports is tough.
Amen brother

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Superjohn,
You exemplify the notion that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Let go of it.

Progrocks is right about the second ensuring you don't have to wear a mask but that was in reference to Halloween.

Reaction Score
Great article on how we have to open soon...

Doctors on front line of worst-hit city in world say it’s time to end shutdown

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'd guess that that means teachers in school and students at home?
I've heard a rumor about staggered start times, etc. My question is how do single parents or homes where both parents work accommodate that if offices, restaurants and stores open and people have to go do their job? My wife and I are lucky that we can both work from home and have some flexibility but not everyone is in the same boat and I haven't really heard anyone address that side of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom