Youth National Teams | The Boneyard

Youth National Teams

Reaction Score
My assumption is that with Covid spiking again internationally that there won't be international play for the youth national teams this year either, but I was wondering if anyone knew that for certain.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Is there a US team picked for this event yet?
I don’t believe so. I wonder if they’ll just hand pick it or do a trials. I think U19 trials are only 30 people regardless.

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how this works for the Canadian team. Border restrictions are tighter here in comparison to the US. Training is also limited as well.

Hopefully things improve over the next few months. The numbers don't seem to be going that way recently however. ??

Reaction Score
My assumption is that with Covid spiking again internationally that there won't be international play for the youth national teams this year either, but I was wondering if anyone knew that for certain.
Good timing, as this article on U16 just came out today. Born on or after Jan. 1 2005, 20 invited, 10 applicants for a total of 30.

Reaction Score
The following players are those I've seen are invited to the U16 trials. If anyone else has seen others, please add (11 of the 30 invited so far):
  • Mary Ashley Groot (NY/SC)
  • Malaysia Fulwiley (SC)
  • Taliyah Parker (OK)
  • Delaney Thomas (DC)
  • Kendall Dudley (DC)
  • Cori Allen (TN)
  • Tatum Green (MD)
  • Kennedy Ume (MD)
  • Madi Hawk (TN)
  • Kamorea Arnold (WI)
  • Jada Williams (MO)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The following players are those I've seen are invited to the U16 trials. If anyone else has seen others, please add (9 of the 20 invited so far):
  • Malaysia Fulwiley (SC)
  • Taliyah Parker (OK)
  • Delaney Thomas (DC)
  • Kendall Dudley (DC)
  • Cori Allen (TN)
  • Tatum Green (MD)
  • Kennedy Ume (MD)
  • Madi Hawk (TN)

Look at Groot!

Reaction Score
Look at Groot!
Did she move to South Carolina? Her twitter was confusing me a little. Twitter location said New York, New York, bio says AAU club is New Heights NYC, bio also says Columbia, SC and Cardinal Newman.

Reaction Score
Did she move to South Carolina? Her twitter was confusing me a little. Twitter location said New York, New York, bio says AAU club is New Heights NYC, bio also says Columbia, SC and Cardinal Newman.
She played for Cardinal Newman this past (truncated) season. Had a great game vs Fulwiley’s team. Her coach, Asia Dozier, is a second generation Gamecock. Plays with Junior 2022 prospect, Ashlyn Watkins who is known for dunking.

I’m a bit surprised by her selection. Her recruiting has been quiet - as has Ashlyn’s.

Reaction Score
She played for Cardinal Newman this past (truncated) season. Had a great game vs Fulwiley’s team. Her coach, Asia Dozier, is a second generation Gamecock. Plays with Junior 2022 prospect, Ashlyn Watkins who is known for dunking.

I’m a bit surprised by her selection. Her recruiting has been quiet - as has Ashlyn’s.
--Cardinal Newman of Columbia, SC.---

I'm a little confused about where she is from originally.

Someone, somewhere, posted that her mother's family at least is from Columbia and pretty tied into the University.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The following players are those I've seen are invited to the U16 trials. If anyone else has seen others, please add (9 of the 20 invited so far):
  • Malaysia Fulwiley (SC)
  • Taliyah Parker (OK)
  • Delaney Thomas (DC)
  • Kendall Dudley (DC)
  • Cori Allen (TN)
  • Tatum Green (MD)
  • Kennedy Ume (MD)
  • Madi Hawk (TN)
It is actually 9 of 30: "Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, trials for the 2021 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team are expected to feature approximately 20 athletes invited by the USA Basketball Women’s Developmental National Team Committee and 10 athletes who will have applied to attend trials"

Reaction Score
The following players are those I've seen are invited to the U16 trials. If anyone else has seen others, please add (22 of the 30 invited so far):

• Malaysia Fulwiley (SC)
  • Delaney Thomas (DC)
  • Madison Booker (MS)
  • Kamorea Arnold (WI)
  • Jada Williams (MO)
  • Riley Stack (SC)
  • Olivia Anderson (WA)
  • Zoe Brooks (NJ)
  • Taliah Scott (FL)
  • Cori Allen (TN)
  • Judea Watkins (CA)
  • Breya Cunningham (CA)
  • Jadyn Donovan (DC)
  • Jordyn Griggs (CA)
  • Taliyah Parker (OK)
  • Kendall Dudley (DC)
  • Madi Hawk (TN)
  • Chloe Spreen (IN)
  • Tatum Green (MD)
  • Kennedy Ume (MD)
  • Aubrey Shaw (KS)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The following players are those I've seen are invited to the U16 trials. If anyone else has seen others, please add (19 of the 30 invited so far):

• Malaysia Fulwiley (SC)
  • Delaney Thomas (DC)
  • Madison Booker (MS)
  • Kamorea Arnold (WI)
  • Jada Williams (MO)
  • Riley Stack (SC)
  • Olivia Anderson (WA)
  • Zoe Brooks (NJ)
  • Taliah Scott (FL)
  • Cori Allen (TN)
  • Judea Watkins (CA)
  • Taliyah Parker (OK)
  • Kendall Dudley (DC)
  • Madi Hawk (TN)
  • Chloe Spreen (IN)
  • Tatum Green (MD)
  • Kennedy Ume (MD)
  • Aubrey Shaw (KS)
Odd to see three South Carolina gals on the 2023 list. I am surprised to see Mary Ashley Groot and Riley Stack on the list. Stack has had some very recent recruiting buzz but I haven't heard much about Mary Ashley (other than her excellent performance against Fulwiley's team this year). Is there a Dawn influence here? Surprised Joyce Edwards (Camden SC) not listed for 2024.

Reaction Score
--Cardinal Newman of Columbia, SC.---

I'm a little confused about where she is from originally.

Someone, somewhere, posted that her mother's family at least is from Columbia and pretty tied into the University.
Deep family ties to the Law School. Law School courtroom is named after her alum grandmother who was a pioneering woman attorney/judge in the South. (See Below). Mother, also an alum, is a NYC lawyer. Relatives almost all live in SC. Don't know if mom has moved back to SC or not.
=----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Honorable Karen J. Williams was born August 4, 1951, in Orangeburg, SC, to parents,Dr. James G. Johnson and Marcia Reynolds Dantzler. A graduate of the public schools of Orangeburg, she received her B.A. degree from Columbia College in 1972. After a few years of teaching in the public schools, she decided to pursue a career in law. Judge Williams went on to graduate at the top of her class and received her J.D. degree from the USC School of Law in 1980.

Judge Williams joined her husband Charles H. Williams and father-in-law Sen. Marshall B. Williams in the law firm of Williams & Williams. She was an active trial lawyer for over a decade before being nominated by President George H.W. Bush to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals on January 27, 1992. After being confirmed by the U.S. Senate on February 27, 1992, Judge Williams was sworn in as the first female to sit on this court. In 2007, Judge Williams became the first female Chief Judge of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. She retired in 2009 after being diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s Disease.

Judge Williams was a member of the S.C. Bar, Orangeburg County Bar Association, Federal Judges Association, and the National Association of Women Judges. She was also a member of the Orangeburg Rotary Club, USC School of Law Advisory Board and Partnership Board, Daughters of the American Revolution, Judicial Resources Committee, John Belton O’Neall Inns of Court, Judicial Center’s Committee for Appellate Judicial Education, and Fourth Circuit Judicial Council, in addition to numerous other organizations.

She also served on various committees at First Baptist Church. She was a former director of the Orangeburg County Mental Retardation Board and the Regional Medical Center Hospital Foundation. She also served on the board of directors of the Federal Judicial Center and the board of trustees for Woodberry Forest School.

Judge Williams received the Jean Galloway Bissell Award from the S.C. Women Lawyers Association in 2007, an honorary doctor of laws from Claflin College in 1991, the Distinguished Service Award from S.C. State University in 1993, an honorary doctorate of English from Columbia College in 1995, and an honorary doctor of laws from the University of South Carolina in 2009. Judge Williams was a member of the Conference of the Women Leaders of South Carolina, as well as the Order of the Coif, Order of Wig and Robe, and Law Review at the USC School of Law, 1978–80.

Judge Williams will long be remembered for her devotion to her family and her commitment to justice and the rule of law. She was a pioneer in the legal community of S.C. and rose to the highest level of any female attorney in the history of the state when she was sworn in as the first woman Chief Judge of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Reaction Score
The following players are those I've seen are invited to the U16 trials. If anyone else has seen others, please add (22 of the 30 invited so far):

• Malaysia Fulwiley (SC)
  • Delaney Thomas (DC)
  • Madison Booker (MS)
  • Kamorea Arnold (WI)
  • Jada Williams (MO)
  • Riley Stack (SC)
  • Olivia Anderson (WA)
  • Zoe Brooks (NJ)
  • Taliah Scott (FL)
  • Cori Allen (TN)
  • Judea Watkins (CA)
  • Breya Cunningham (CA)
  • Jadyn Donovan (DC)
  • Jordyn Griggs (CA)
  • Taliyah Parker (OK)
  • Kendall Dudley (DC)
  • Madi Hawk (TN)
  • Chloe Spreen (IN)
  • Tatum Green (MD)
  • Kennedy Ume (MD)
  • Aubrey Shaw (KS)

Reaction Score
That's near. I ate lunch
Deep family ties to the Law School. Law School courtroom is named after her alum grandmother who was a pioneering woman attorney/judge in the South. (See Below). Mother, also an alum, is a NYC lawyer. Relatives almost all live in SC. Don't know if mom has moved back to SC or not.
=----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Honorable Karen J. Williams was born August 4, 1951, in Orangeburg, SC, to parents,Dr. James G. Johnson and Marcia Reynolds Dantzler. A graduate of the public schools of Orangeburg, she received her B.A. degree from Columbia College in 1972. After a few years of teaching in the public schools, she decided to pursue a career in law. Judge Williams went on to graduate at the top of her class and received her J.D. degree from the USC School of Law in 1980.

Judge Williams joined her husband Charles H. Williams and father-in-law Sen. Marshall B. Williams in the law firm of Williams & Williams. She was an active trial lawyer for over a decade before being nominated by President George H.W. Bush to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals on January 27, 1992. After being confirmed by the U.S. Senate on February 27, 1992, Judge Williams was sworn in as the first female to sit on this court. In 2007, Judge Williams became the first female Chief Judge of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. She retired in 2009 after being diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s Disease.

Judge Williams was a member of the S.C. Bar, Orangeburg County Bar Association, Federal Judges Association, and the National Association of Women Judges. She was also a member of the Orangeburg Rotary Club, USC School of Law Advisory Board and Partnership Board, Daughters of the American Revolution, Judicial Resources Committee, John Belton O’Neall Inns of Court, Judicial Center’s Committee for Appellate Judicial Education, and Fourth Circuit Judicial Council, in addition to numerous other organizations.

She also served on various committees at First Baptist Church. She was a former director of the Orangeburg County Mental Retardation Board and the Regional Medical Center Hospital Foundation. She also served on the board of directors of the Federal Judicial Center and the board of trustees for Woodberry Forest School.

Judge Williams received the Jean Galloway Bissell Award from the S.C. Women Lawyers Association in 2007, an honorary doctor of laws from Claflin College in 1991, the Distinguished Service Award from S.C. State University in 1993, an honorary doctorate of English from Columbia College in 1995, and an honorary doctor of laws from the University of South Carolina in 2009. Judge Williams was a member of the Conference of the Women Leaders of South Carolina, as well as the Order of the Coif, Order of Wig and Robe, and Law Review at the USC School of Law, 1978–80.

Judge Williams will long be remembered for her devotion to her family and her commitment to justice and the rule of law. She was a pioneer in the legal community of S.C. and rose to the highest level of any female attorney in the history of the state when she was sworn in as the first woman Chief Judge of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.

I'm glad you posted that.

I met Judge Williams as a young pup. Very gracious and kind woman on that occasion.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I see the judge was another "early onset Alzheimer's". 58 or so. Unbelievable. I had to give a vet history for one of our dogs today, which resulted in mention that one of his previous vets likewise died of early onset - and rapid developing - dementia. Not sure if it was Alzheimer's but she was also in her late 50's and was gone within like 9 months of diagnosis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom