Your WNBA 2023 Mock Draft | The Boneyard

Your WNBA 2023 Mock Draft

Reaction Score
Just for fun i know its early but with the playoffs under way i was wondering what would all the posters here 2023 mock draft look like ? Early entries , redshirt Jrs , international players included. Of course the lottery has not yet been decided as to whom will choose in what order so i'm sure this won't be the order they go but based off WNBA potential and current talent how would you rank them?

#1 . Aaliyah Boston
#2 . Jordan Horston
#3. Haley Jones
#4. Tamari Key
#5. Ayoka Lee
#6. Diamond Miller
#7. Zia Cooke
#.8 . Ashley Joens
#9. Aija Blackwell
10. Rickea Jackson
11. Sedona Prince
12. Latecia Amihere

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just for fun i know its early but with the playoffs under way i was wondering what would all the posters here 2023 mock draft look like ? Early entries , redshirt Jrs , international players included. Of course the lottery has not yet been decided as to whom will choose in what order so i'm sure this won't be the order they go but based off WNBA potential and current talent how would you rank them?

#1 . Aaliyah Boston
#2 . Jordan Horston
#3. Haley Jones
#4. Tamari Key
#5. Ayoka Lee
#6. Diamond Miller
#7. Zia Cooke
#.8 . Ashley Owusu
#9. Aija Blackwell
10. Rickea Jackson
11. Sedona Prince
12. Latecia Amihere
What site did you pull this from? No Kitley or Joens?

Reaction Score
What site did you pull this from? No Kitley or Joens?
There's no site its my personal draft order. I literally forgot about Joens tbh im going to go back and edit that first round now lol thanks. Kitley i thought about but she does not fair well against real bigs in WCBB and i find it hard to believe she will accell in the W. Same as i predicted for Cunane . They are great players but they need to get stronger maybe a few seasons overseas then they may be able to stick on a roster . Kitley i would expect to stick before Cunane tbh . Kitley would be #13 starting off the 2nd round for me. GM's draft off future untapped potential / ceilings. I'm not sure Kitley or Joens have that much pro potential but that's just me.

Reaction Score
Odd to be knocking Kitley and Cunane but putting Prince in the first round. She's soft as butter. I have a REALLY hard time seeing her carve out a spot in the W.
Prince has a pro body that i think will suit her well with great touch around the basket and a mid range shot ala Ruth Riley or like Theresa Plaisance her twin sister in another life lol , no one would have expected her to have an 8 year pro career with longevity when she was drafted. Took her some time but she found her game and excelled in multiple franchises. Ala Megan Gustafson . The post was not a Knock on either Kitley or Cunane im just giving my opinion on how i think they will fair in 2023. The overall post is about YOUR OWN first rd mock draft so feel free to post/share yours instead of just focusing on mines geeze lol

Reaction Score

#1 . Aaliyah Boston
#2 . Jordan Horston
#3. Haley Jones
#4. Tamari Key
#5. Ayoka Lee
#6. Diamond Miller
#7. Zia Cooke
#.8 . Ashley Joens
#9. Aija Blackwell
10. Rickea Jackson
11. Sedona Prince
12. Latecia Amihere
Pretty fair draft, I could for sure see the top three falling that way. I like Key’s elite defense but need to see way more offensive production, let alone consistency, before penciling her as a lottery pick. Cooke’s shooting numbers will need to be far and away career-bests in order for her to go at 7. All in all you’ve definitely identified the top talent in the class. Thanks for getting the conversation started!

I tend to look at likely placements following establishment of the draft order, but I’d sort players into the following tiers (only did the likely first rounders). Obviously Bueckers would be in the top tier if she declared, but I would be absolutely shocked if she does. I don’t expect Owusu to come out either but she’d be in the second group for me.

For clarity, the third tier is comprised of players that I could see having impactful careers in the W, but to this point give me pause due to one or more major deficiencies in their games (shooting percentage, inconsistency, etc.).

Elite / Day 1 Starters
A. Boston
H. Jones

Prominent Production Roles
D. Miller
J. Horston
R. Jackson
A. Lee
A. Joens
J. Sheldon
T. Mikesell

Risk-Reward Players
Z. Cooke
L. Amihere
T. Key
E. Kitley
S. Prince
A. Blackwell
D. Juhasz

Dark Horses
D. Fair
G. Berger
M. Holmes
M. Czinano
…there are many more I’m forgetting here

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Some of these kids have an extra covid year and with NIL it may be more lucrative to stay in college.

I know a few that exhausted their extra year and don’t really have a choice.

Reaction Score
Pretty fair draft, I could for sure see the top three falling that way. I like Key’s elite defense but need to see way more offensive production, let alone consistency, before penciling her as a lottery pick. Cooke’s shooting numbers will need to be far and away career-bests in order for her to go at 7. All in all you’ve definitely identified the top talent in the class. Thanks for getting the conversation started!

I tend to look at likely placements following establishment of the draft order, but I’d sort players into the following tiers (only did the likely first rounders). Obviously Bueckers would be in the top tier if she declared, but I would be absolutely shocked if she does. I don’t expect Owusu to come out either but she’d be in the second group for me.

For clarity, the third tier is comprised of players that I could see having impactful careers in the W, but to this point give me pause due to one or more major deficiencies in their games (shooting percentage, inconsistency, etc.).

Elite / Day 1 Starters
A. Boston
H. Jones

Prominent Production Roles
D. Miller
J. Horston
R. Jackson
A. Lee
A. Joens
J. Sheldon
T. Mikesell

Risk-Reward Players
Z. Cooke
L. Amihere
T. Key
E. Kitley
S. Prince
A. Blackwell
D. Juhasz

Dark Horses
D. Fair
G. Berger
M. Holmes
M. Czinano
…there are many more I’m forgetting here

Very little disagreement here. Nice synopsis.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

#1 . Aaliyah Boston
#2 . Jordan Horston
#3. Haley Jones
#4. Tamari Key
#5. Ayoka Lee
#6. Diamond Miller
#7. Zia Cooke
#.8 . Ashley Joens
#9. Aija Blackwell
10. Rickea Jackson
11. Sedona Prince
12. Latecia Amihere

Great list. My thoughts are:

Franchise Player Draft picks:
1. Boston-obvious #1 pick

Likely future All Star:
2. Haley Jones-very proven collegiate player, not sure she has major star power in the pros but is well built to be a very good pro player with her size and attributes. Will be a great pickup for whoever gets her.

3. Diamond Miller-phenomenal athlete, a true 6-3 guard with great perimeter skills. She has all the tools to be a great WNBA player and a big senior year could push her up to #2. She was absolutely electric as a sophomore and has sky high potential.

Could develop into an All Star, could be a bust:
4. Rickea Jackson-another player with great skill, size and physicality. I think she'll be a high pick with a solid year at Tennessee. Hasn't had the smoothest collegiate experience though which could indicate some cause for concern.

5. Ashley Owusu-didn't have a great junior season but looks like Chelsea Gray 2.0. Exceptional at creating her own shot in the mid range, great passer and floor leader. If she gets into better shape she could go higher. Curious to see how she does at Virginia Tech.

6. Tamari Key- 6-6, athletic and long. Should be able to carve out a spot in the pros as a defensive player. Honestly she should be a much better player than she is offensively.

7. Ashley Joens-solid frame, good shooter and good overall skills. Not sure how easily she'll find her way based on lack of speed/quickness compared to WNBA players.

8. Jordan Horston-physically there aren't many better physical specimen in this class. She has the skills and ability to be an absolute star in the league, but her decision making just isn't good and hasn't improved at Tennessee. Worth a gamble if she goes to a team that will give her a year or 2 to develop since her potential upside is higher than anyone in this tier besides maybe Jackson.

9. Ayoka Lee-has great size and a great frame as well as good touch inside. Had a big drop in production at the end of last year and I don't see her as a sure fire pick like some do.

10. Lavender Briggs-need to see more of her at Maryland but has the physical tools and perimeter skills to be a great WNBA guard.

Intriguing but not sold on their ability to last in the pros:

11. Elizabeth Kitley-someone will take a gamble on her. Great arsenal of post moves but hasn't produced well against good bigs.

12. Aijha Blackwell-to be fair I haven't seen enough of her game but she's a great athlete so she could wind up carving out a nice career for herself.

Other good athletes worth acknowledging but with bigger question marks:

Laeticia Amihere-best athlete in the class without question, but still quite raw skill wise and I think needs more development to last as a pro.

Jessika Carter-great size, off the court issues and hasn't played in 2 years

Sedona Prince-one of the most fluid 6-7 athletes I've ever seen, but should be MUCH better than she is right now. Plays soft and has never seemed to have a great attitude.

Fran Belibi-stellar athlete, undersized though and I don't see her game translating well to the W.

Zia Cooke-great athlete with a lot of hype but is undersized, doesn't contribute much offensively besides shooting for a mediocre percentage. People seem higher on her than I am though, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

Brea Beal-outstanding defender, needs more offense to make it in the W though

Charisma Osborne-good scoring prowess, not efficient enough right now but has potential

Taylor Jones-excellent interior player, hasn't wowed though since her freshman season

Madi Williams-tbh I'm not sure why she isn't getting more hype than she does. She's been excellent at Oklahoma all 4 years.

Great collegiate players but probably too small or not athletic enough for the W:

Mackenzie Holmes-very skilled post player, but if Megan Gustafson is struggling this much to find her spot in the league, I think it's a tough battle for Holmes.

Monika Czinano-similar to Holmes but has even more of an uphill battle IMO

Jacy Sheldon-great player for Ohio State, not sure she's up to par defensively

Maddy Siegrist-not sure how well her game translates to the W where players are far bigger and more athletic than in the Big East

Tayler Mikesell-similar to Sheldon. One of the best shooters in the country

Grace Berger-another one who I think is a great collegiate player but wont transition well to the pros.

Jaz Shelley

Dre'Una Edwards

Honestly, this is really solid draft class IMO. You have a few sure-fire stars and a slew of others that have potential to be stars. This class and the 2024 draft class will both be loaded.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

#1 . Aaliyah Boston
#2 . Jordan Horston
#3. Haley Jones
#4. Tamari Key
#5. Ayoka Lee
#6. Diamond Miller
#7. Zia Cooke
#.8 . Ashley Joens
#9. Aija Blackwell
10. Rickea Jackson
11. Sedona Prince
12. Latecia Amihere
Your a vol fan right???

Reaction Score
Great list. My thoughts are:

Franchise Player Draft picks:
1. Boston-obvious #1 pick

Likely future All Star:
2. Haley Jones-very proven collegiate player, not sure she has major star power in the pros but is well built to be a very good pro player with her size and attributes. Will be a great pickup for whoever gets her.

3. Diamond Miller-phenomenal athlete, a true 6-3 guard with great perimeter skills. She has all the tools to be a great WNBA player and a big senior year could push her up to #2. She was absolutely electric as a sophomore and has sky high potential.

Could develop into an All Star, could be a bust:
4. Rickea Jackson-another player with great skill, size and physicality. I think she'll be a high pick with a solid year at Tennessee. Hasn't had the smoothest collegiate experience though which could indicate some cause for concern.

5. Ashley Owusu-didn't have a great junior season but looks like Chelsea Gray 2.0. Exceptional at creating her own shot in the mid range, great passer and floor leader. If she gets into better shape she could go higher. Curious to see how she does at Virginia Tech.

6. Tamari Key- 6-6, athletic and long. Should be able to carve out a spot in the pros as a defensive player. Honestly she should be a much better player than she is offensively.

7. Ashley Joens-solid frame, good shooter and good overall skills. Not sure how easily she'll find her way based on lack of speed/quickness compared to WNBA players.

8. Jordan Horston-physically there aren't many better physical specimen in this class. She has the skills and ability to be an absolute star in the league, but her decision making just isn't good and hasn't improved at Tennessee. Worth a gamble if she goes to a team that will give her a year or 2 to develop since her potential upside is higher than anyone in this tier besides maybe Jackson.

9. Ayoka Lee-has great size and a great frame as well as good touch inside. Had a big drop in production at the end of last year and I don't see her as a sure fire pick like some do.

10. Lavender Briggs-need to see more of her at Maryland but has the physical tools and perimeter skills to be a great WNBA guard.

Intriguing but not sold on their ability to last in the pros:

11. Elizabeth Kitley-someone will take a gamble on her. Great arsenal of post moves but hasn't produced well against good bigs.

12. Aijha Blackwell-to be fair I haven't seen enough of her game but she's a great athlete so she could wind up carving out a nice career for herself.

Other good athletes worth acknowledging but with bigger question marks:

Laeticia Amihere-best athlete in the class without question, but still quite raw skill wise and I think needs more development to last as a pro.

Jessika Carter-great size, off the court issues and hasn't played in 2 years

Sedona Prince-one of the most fluid 6-7 athletes I've ever seen, but should be MUCH better than she is right now. Plays soft and has never seemed to have a great attitude.

Fran Belibi-stellar athlete, undersized though and I don't see her game translating well to the W.

Zia Cooke-great athlete with a lot of hype but is undersized, doesn't contribute much offensively besides shooting for a mediocre percentage. People seem higher on her than I am though, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

Brea Beal-outstanding defender, needs more offense to make it in the W though

Charisma Osborne-good scoring prowess, not efficient enough right now but has potential

Taylor Jones-excellent interior player, hasn't wowed though since her freshman season

Madi Williams-tbh I'm not sure why she isn't getting more hype than she does. She's been excellent at Oklahoma all 4 years.

Great collegiate players but probably too small or not athletic enough for the W:

Mackenzie Holmes-very skilled post player, but if Megan Gustafson is struggling this much to find her spot in the league, I think it's a tough battle for Holmes.

Monika Czinano-similar to Holmes but has even more of an uphill battle IMO

Jacy Sheldon-great player for Ohio State, not sure she's up to par defensively

Maddy Siegrist-not sure how well her game translates to the W where players are far bigger and more athletic than in the Big East

Tayler Mikesell-similar to Sheldon. One of the best shooters in the country

Grace Berger-another one who I think is a great collegiate player but wont transition well to the pros.

Jaz Shelley

Dre'Una Edwards

Honestly, this is really solid draft class IMO. You have a few sure-fire stars and a slew of others that have potential to be stars. This class and the 2024 draft class will both be loaded.
Outstanding job with the analysis. As far as Terps players, I agree with the Briggs analysis. This is a prove it to me as a Terp year for her. The player that will be a shoo-in second round pick with potential late first looks is Abby Myers. She is already late first in some mock WNBA drafts.

Reaction Score
Outstanding job with the analysis. As far as Terps players, I agree with the Briggs analysis. This is a prove it to me as a Terp year for her. The player that will be a shoo-in second round pick with potential late first looks is Abby Myers. She is already late first in some mock WNBA drafts.
Somewhat off-topic but I think Maryland could be better this year than last despite the talent losses. They gained about as much as they lost IMO and chemistry should be improved. Much has been made about the lack of 4s and 5s but when you’re playing enough big guards you can rebound by committee. I think Myers and Briggs will be welcome additions and both can play their way into higher draft status.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Thanks--haven't seen Myers but looking forward to watching her play this year.

Reaction Score
pro game Ayoka Lee should be #2 imo
Her foot speed needs to improve 11 of 12 GM's have already evaluated her so unless she's faster this season that will hurt her draft position. I soley predict she will be taken in the Top 5 but she wont be the first post maybe not even the 2nd.

Reaction Score
Her foot speed needs to improve 11 of 12 GM's have already evaluated her so unless she's faster this season that will hurt her draft position. I soley predict she will be taken in the Top 5 but she wont be the first post maybe not even the 2nd.
again after 1 I think there's really no clear cut #2, I think a lot of evaluators don't think Jones is the 2nd best player. I think the system benefits her + her position is not the position that gm's want. Gm's want a pg or dominant big.

Reaction Score
again after 1 I think there's really no clear cut #2, I think a lot of evaluators don't think Jones is the 2nd best player. I think the system benefits her + her position is not the position that gm's want. Gm's want a pg or dominant big.
Key will be drafted before Lee . Her defensive prowess has GM's drooling right now.

Reaction Score
Key will be drafted before Lee . Her defensive prowess has GM's drooling right now.
I don’t know about that. Lee is much the better offensive player. Key gets a lot of blocks -but picks up a lot of fouls along the way. Thus, she has a lot of bench time. Lee was still in the top ten ranked shots per game last year despite being considered an offensive star.

Surprisingly ( to me) neither is a top rebounder.

I guess beauty will be in the eye of the beholder.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about that. Lee is much the better offensive player. Key gets a lot of blocks -but picks up a lot of fouls along the way. Thus, she has a lot of bench time. Lee was still in the top ten ranked shots per game last year despite being considered an offensive star.

Surprisingly ( to me) neither is a top rebounder.

I guess beauty will be in the eye of the beholder.
Yeah, I’m not sure about Key. Should be a much more complete player than she is right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m not sure about Key. Should be a much more complete player than she is right now.
Needs to work on stopping getting into foul trouble. Certainly is very impactful inside rebounding and shot blocking but with that she has a tendency to pick up fouls so quick. Queen Egbo at Baylor had that same issue.

For the next level Key will need to expand her offensive game a little more but she has great size and length at 6'6.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom