Your Teams first Exhibition Game date and opponent? | The Boneyard

Your Teams first Exhibition Game date and opponent?

Reaction Score
Sadly Uconn's first exhibition game is the day before the rest of the country's first real game it.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
LSU plays Xavier (N.O.) on October 24th.

Rutgers plays Caldwell on October 27th. The McMiller era starts :p

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
LSU plays Xavier (N.O.) on October 24th.

Rutgers plays Caldwell on October 27th. The McMiller era starts :p
Question regarding Rutgers?

What’s your opinion on Coach Washington’s small roster numbers? She has been running with just 8-10 players every year she has been there.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Question regarding Rutgers?

What’s your opinion on Coach Washington’s small roster numbers? She has been running with just 8-10 players every year she has been there.
I haven't been a fan of this hire at all. I think she could have taken a couple more kids from the portal just for depth every year she's been there...just doesn't make sense.

Hopefully if things don't improve soon...we can find a good replacement.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Notre Dame plays Davenport (Private university based in Grand Rapids, Michigan) on October 30th.

Reaction Score
I haven't been a fan of this hire at all. I think she could have taken a couple more kids from the portal just for depth every year she's been there...just doesn't make sense.

The drop off of the program sucks. Like you I hope things change soon.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

While not a Rutgers fan, I've lived in northern New Jersey for quite some time and follow hoops throughout the state at multiple levels.

I remember that the Rutgers administration didn't exactly plan out C. Vivian Stringer's exit/retirement smoothly. The pandemic didn't help, but her eventual departure was not smooth and she retired in mid-spring 2022. As such, Washington wasn't hired until Memorial Day 2022, which was late for that year's portal.

That said, even though I'm a fellow ND alum, I've been less than bowled over by Coach Q on virtually any front, save that the kids on the floor play hard. This past off-season, leading scorer Kaylene Smikle left for conference rival Maryland and the young long-range threat, Jillian Huerter went to Fairfield. It was rumored Destiny Adams (a transfer from North Carolina) might leave, but she stayed, perhaps because she's from nearby Manchester.

Adams, the 2nd leading scorer, and Mya Petticord, the 3rd leading scorer, return and Kiyami McMullen, who was a highly rated point guard, is on campus. Adams is a great athlete who can run the court, score inside and rebound (sound familiar?) So, we'll see...

In her early years, C. Viv recruited in both New Jersey and out-of-state, but focused out-of-state in later years. Which is insane, given how stocked the state is with high school basketball talent. To get relevant, Rutgers has to attract fresh talent and the easiest way to do it is start local. To stick on the ND theme -- while Recruiting Director and Assistant Coach Michaela Mabrey needs HC experience -- she would've been a better candidate because she recruits heavily (and well) in New Jersey and New York (Hannah Hidalgo, Olivia Miles, Sonia Citron, Kate Koval, Kylee Watson as transfer). Coach Q needs to get on the Garden State Parkway and live in Jersey Shore gyms and become best friends with Tiny Green, the guru of Shore hoops. Then, get up to Paterson and Newark, where C. Viv did well.

Otherwise @Coler will get his wish for a fresh start.

p.s. As you know, the Rutgers AD -- who hired Coach Q -- recently retired, so nothing imminent will happen. On the other hand, his successor will have open eyes and ears.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom