Young Pups | The Boneyard

Young Pups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully, someone can post the link (operator error on this end), but Fuller ran a nice piece on the freshmen we should expect to see on the field this year.
  • Summers seems to be a lock at either starting or nickel CB
  • Newsome should contribute on specials and be worked in to rotation at RB (Johnson may as well, although you'd think they'd try and RS one of them)
  • Hashemi and Bloom could see time at TE
  • Crozier and Rutherford are already on the 2 deep at OG
  • Carrezola and Diggs are pushing for time at OLB
The future is bright.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, someone can post the link (operator error on this end), but Fuller ran a nice piece on the freshmen we should expect to see on the field this year.
  • Newsome should contribute on specials and be worked in to rotation at RB (Johnson may as well, although you'd think they'd try and RS one of them)
The future is bright.
www.blogger.com/profile/04368670098808413048
Go to Ramblings from the runway, Good reads. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The future is bright.

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is the key to the growth of the program. Sophs, rFrosh and true frosh players who contribute now will help build us into a strong program over the next couple of years. #Huskyup, husky pups!

Reaction Score
Good for the future yes Pantz but also good for now. I want us to make a big slash this year. I think we have the talent to do it once it is used in a common sense way. Our team opens up against a very tough opponent. Knowing we will be walking through that tunnel to start the game with the best team morale we've ever had and players are going to be put into a position to succeed has me very optimistic for this season. Reading the runway ramblings the only former coach not mentioned is TJ and I hope he gets to where he wants to be. TJ started the turnaround of UConn Football and I will always be thankful for him trying to right the capsized ship that was our season last year. The receivers certainly must carry his coaching efforts with them as they go forward.

Reaction Score
Diaco was asked whether Newsome would be in the mix as either a kickoff or punt returner. While it looks like the punt return gig is Deshon Foxx's to lose, it sure sounds like Newsome could be bringing back kickoffs sooner rather than later.

If this blows up I'll be wearing a disguise next time I see Coach D. I think we're good though with Foxx and Newsome as dual threats. Giving a little extra time to see the field should work better than throwing him into higher pressure punt return situations. Let him use his blockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom