Young Playmakers Put Promise On Full Display | The Boneyard

Young Playmakers Put Promise On Full Display

Reaction Score
Wait a minute! I thought we had no talent, it's too cold (for maybe 1 or 2 home games) and the Coaches can't overcome all the obstacles of being in CT and the AAC. Maybe just maybe with the proper preparation some of these guys can be productive in a 21st century offense and can accomplish things they were not previously expected to do because of a staff's self-imposed limitations.

Reaction Score
Wait a minute! I thought we had no talent, it's too cold (for maybe 1 or 2 home games) and the Coaches can't overcome all the obstacles of being in CT and the AAC. Maybe just maybe with the proper preparation some of these guys can be productive in a 21st century offense and can accomplish things they were not previously expected to do because of a staff's self-imposed limitations.

While I think last night was a huge indictment on what an absolute incompetent clown Diaco was here, I'm hesitant until I see this in live game action against other teams who will gameplan against us.

I still think the roster needs to be upgraded big time. The major takeaway for me last night was how much of disaster the used car salesman was. So, so, so much worse than Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
Having been one of Bob Diaco's biggest cheerleaders, early on, I bought into the Hayden Frye, RKG mantra, after all Bob Diaco was recreating Iowa football East. I also got to know BD personally and probably lost some of my objectivity. I now admit that I was wrong about him and am encouraged by all of the changes Benedict has made.

Diaco's confusing explanations after the disappointing Navy loss were concerning. That's also when he lost the team. I don't want to get into name calling but safe to say I have my negative thoughts and was extremely embarrassed at the ECU and BC games last year. We looked like a damned D3 team.

Given the economic realities it was hard to believe he was going to get bought out in 2017 and thought maybe if Diaco hired the right OC (Verducci was a total disaster) that maybe we had a chance to get better. I was willing to give him one last try and then to everyone's surprise David Benedict pulled a rabbit, (Randy Edsall) out of the hat!

Seeing all the impressive coaching changes, I have renewed optimism and look forward to watching some exciting football again. In addition to the hurry up and Rhett Lashly we actually look like we have some skill at the skill positions. Bill Crocker's attack defense will be anything but bend don't break! I am also looking forward to seeing punts returned at the Rent! I am not going to predict wins because we have a tough schedule and this will be a challenging season with all of the new stuff! Not impossible though, James Madison won the National Championship over Youngstown state and both teams had new coaching staff last year so you never know!

Quick turnarounds under new coaches lead Youngstown State, James Madison back to FCS title game | SportsDay

I am most impressed at how willing RE is to making revolutionary and dramatic changes. This is something Diaco was terrible at and ultimately lead to his demise and influenced David Benedict into making the deal of the century.

If the implementation of Diaco's 3-4 helps shore up Nebraska's defense and they do great things then it proves what some of my friends have been saying - Not all great coordinators become great Head coaches. Thus far that has proven to be true with Bob Diaco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom