You'd think it was Gabby... | The Boneyard

You'd think it was Gabby...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
...but it's not. It's incoming UConn freshman Mikayla Coombs. Wowza! What an amazing athlete. (article here)

58c33a89401a7.image.jpg

Reaction Score
I've got a real good feeling about this kid. With those ups and that quickness I think she's going to be a real penetrator and a nightmare defensively.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Now this is how the jumper got its name! Mikayla has serious ups.

Mikayla.jpg

From title game article in today's news links. Put her team on her back and created a lifetime memory.

Reaction Score
Calm down. What if this shot was her fifth consecutive airball? :)
No need to calm down! Mikayla once again starred....this time taking her Wesleyan High School team on her back and rallying them to victory in the Class A Private Girls' championship held at Georgia Tech!! This is one super basketball player and can't wait to see her sharing the court with Gabby!!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Someone said she played at a different level. Now I know what they meant.

Reaction Score
Me be "Liking" JUMP shots, just not a regular part of the women's game. DT, Maya, and the girl from USF, Courtney Williams had the best.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Me be "Liking" JUMP shots, just not a regular part of the women's game. DT, Maya, and the girl from USF, Courtney Williams had the best.
I almost hate to point this out, but when she feels like playing, Diamond DeShields has one of the best jump shots in the women's game. She gets tremendous elevation and she has a nice soft release. Of course she may only feel like playing 1 out of every 3 games.

Reaction Score
I almost hate to point this out, but when she feels like playing, Diamond DeShields has one of the best jump shots in the women's game. She gets tremendous elevation and she has a nice soft release. Of course she may only feel like playing 1 out of every 3 games.

There are plenty of girls with nice pull-up jumpers, but the reason you don't see more of this is the same reason you don't see more of it in the men's game. The three-point line. The best shots in basketball, strategically, are the three-pointer and the layup. Good thing or bad thing, that's the way it is.

Shout out to the University of San Francisco's (the REAL USF) Amy Touli and Tammy Adkins, jump shooters and more from the early nineties, two terrific players that got me going as a fan of the women's game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom