You Tell Me What Geno Means | The Boneyard

You Tell Me What Geno Means

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sometimes... well I just don't know about Geno.

"Her role can be whatever she wants it to be,” Auriemma said of Walker. “Obviously, we’ve got three kids that are going to handle most of the heavy lifting on our team. But I’ve had conversations with her, she needs to be really, really, really good. She kind of does need to be like Pheesa was as a sophomore. She needs to be a little bit of everything for us.”

Genuinely at a loss on the internal logic of that little sermon.

UConn’s Walker poised for a breakout season

Reaction Score
I love Megan the Walker ...

1539827269714.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
“She got a lot bigger,” Dangerfield said. “She hit the weight room really hard this summer. She’s been working on her foot speed. She’s doing a great job handling the challenges Coach throws at her.” Megan got bigger? Really? ;)

Geno says Meg is “as good as anybody we have” when it comes to rebounding.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Here’s my take on Geno’s comments about Megan. If you recall, during Pheesa’s sophomore season there were times when Geno got on her for deferring too often to teammates, specifically passing rather than shooting when Pheesa was 2nd in the nation in shooting percentage.

I believe Geno wants Megan to assert herself. She should be one of the most physical players on UConn and has the ability to dominate games.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure what Geno was saying is "Watch The Boneyard try to parse this"
That is funny! Do you think he is really that bored that he has already resorted to tormenting the Boneyard Critics Society? You gave me a good laugh this morning. Thanks. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

"Her role can be whatever she wants it to be,” Auriemma said of Walker. “Obviously, we’ve got three kids that are going to handle most of the heavy lifting on our team. But I’ve had conversations with her, she needs to be really, really, really good. She kind of does need to be like Pheesa was as a sophomore. She needs to be a little bit of everything for us.”

"Her role can be whatever she wants it to be" == You have the talent but your contributions will be as large as you want them to be and the work you put into it to be consistent and someone we can count on every game. You can be an AA if you want to be an AA.

Subtext interpretation = We do not have enough leverage to push you anymore. We do not have a realistic
alternative.

I am guessing this was the 'unclear' part. Everything else seems crystal clear (PUN intended)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"Her role can be whatever she wants it to be" == You have the talent but your contributions will be as large as you want them to be and the work you put into it to be consistent and someone we can count on every game. You can be an AA if you want to be an AA.

Subtext interpretation = We do not have enough leverage to push you anymore. We do not have a realistic
alternative.

I am guessing this was the 'unclear' part. Everything else seems crystal clear (PUN intended)
The good news is that Megan pushed herself hard throughout the offseason. That bodes well for Megan’s effort and performance this season. As Geno has said before, “We don’t coach effort. That’s what other teams do.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The good news is that Megan pushed herself hard throughout the offseason. That bodes well for Megan’s effort and performance this season. As Geno has said before, “We don’t coach effort. That’s what other teams do.”

Agreed. I am confident she will make great strides. Pheesa is the role model she should follow in how a sophomore can impose their will on a team. I know KLS is a well but I think Phessa's game is closer in style to Megan's.

Reaction Score
I have a chuckle as I read the responses and interpretations to Geno's comments. I remember hearing somewhere " Is that clear enough for you?" And the response was "Crystal".

Reaction Score
LOL!!! j66kicker, you read my mind. Just what I was thinking about!!! Still one of my favorite movies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That is funny! Do you think he is really that bored that he has already resorted to tormenting the Boneyard Critics Society? You gave me a good laugh this morning. Thanks. :D

Me too. :D The Boneyard Critics Society (BCS). I like that.

Reaction Score

Genuinely at a loss on the internal logic of that little sermon.

UConn’s Walker poised for a breakout season
Kind da straight forward! Geno wants Walker to be Walker as she was touted to be coming into Uconn a "go to " type of player spending more time around the basket (ala Napheesa) and scoring/rebounding. I don't think Geno has to worry one bit about Megan my bet is she shall be all we expected her to be, I was then, am now a Megan and CW fan.
I watched Napheesa as a Soph a day or two ago, she was good, aggressive but not the Pheesa of last season my bet is Walker will exceed our Soph Collier.

Reaction Score

As usual good stuff. Megan and Napheesa spend much of the summer together. Reports seem to say Megan fit nicely under Ms Colliers wings. I think Napheesa pushed the daylights out of Megan because she knows how much Uconn needs that talent. Geno coaches Basketball Players in the Women's game there are none better.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Her role can be whatever she wants it to be. We have 3 studs to take care of business. But, she has to be 3 count em 3 Really Goods. Gotta be an unconscious AA year for her like Phee's soph season (67% from the floor). Nope, my bad. Clear as can be. So obvious.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Imma telle you watta Geno means. It-a short froma de name Luigi whicha comma from de Ancient Greek-a name Eugenios whicha means " well born, noble "

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom