You have to love Oliver Luck | The Boneyard

You have to love Oliver Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"In fact, I would trade Air Force or Navy for Syracuse every day of the week in terms of the quality of the football program. No disrespect, but that's just an observation I think most would agree with who understand football."
http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201110022446?page=1&build=cache

Also, notice that guy in the photo on page 2. I hardly recognize him without his dunce cap on!!

Reaction Score
"In fact, I would trade Air Force or Navy for Syracuse every day of the week in terms of the quality of the football program. No disrespect, but that's just an observation I think most would agree with who understand football."
http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201110022446?page=1&build=cache

Also, notice that guy in the photo on page 2. I hardly recognize him without his dunce cap on!!

It has to be hard for WVU, who has saved the football bacon of Syracuse and Pitt to get to this point by beating Oklahoma and Georgia in bowl games, watch them walk away for greener pastures while WVU is forced to worry about survival. there is certainly no justice in any of this.

Reaction Score
It has to be hard for WVU, who has saved the football bacon of Syracuse and Pitt to get to this point by beating Oklahoma and Georgia in bowl games, watch them walk away for greener pastures while WVU is forced to worry about survival. there is certainly no justice in any of this.
good point . . .

Reaction Score
Syracuse vs. West Virginia (Syracuse leads, 31-27)

:p

You're right. It's all those wins of yours in the 50s and 60s that saved our BCS berth since '04.

Everytime I think there is no way other school's fans can't be dumber than ours, someone comes over and proves me wrong.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The lack of class from Orange posters on these boards regarding this issue has been very telling.

You should see their message board. I'd say at least 50% of the fan base is hoping that UConn and Rutgers have to play football in the MAC.

It's like the old saying goes, if you can't beat em, stab em in the back by switching conferences without warning and then hope they are relegated to non-BCS status.

Reaction Score
You're right. It's all those wins of yours in the 50s and 60s that saved our BCS berth since '04.

Everytime I think there is no way other school's fans can't be dumber than ours, someone comes over and proves me wrong.
not to mention that some of the programs that actually existed in the 80's and 90's are the only reason there was a BCS berth to save, and the only reason that you were gifted a golden opportunity to upgrade direct into a bcs conference. but just keep calling me dumb if that makes you feel better.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
not to mention that some of the programs that actually existed in the 80's and 90's are the only reason there was a BCS berth to save, and the only reason that you were gifted a golden opportunity to upgrade direct into a bcs conference. but just keep calling me dumb if that makes you feel better.
Miami was the reason the BE had a BCS invite. Period.

Reaction Score
Miami was the reason the BE had a BCS invite. Period.
Listen, I like Syracuse, always have, always will. But it wasn't Syracuse that got the BE the bid.

Reaction Score

You want me to not think you are an idiot by virtue of that post? Exactlly what does the fact that UConn was fortunate to join a BCS conference have to do with WVU having saved Syracuse's future?

Reaction Score
You want me to not think you are an idiot by virtue of that post? Exactlly what does the fact that UConn was fortunate to join a BCS conference have to do with WVU having saved Syracuse's future?
so your position is that syracuse is now in the acc because west virginia won a couple of bowl games in the 2000's?

Reaction Score
so your position is that syracuse is now in the acc because west virginia won a couple of bowl games in the 2000's?

Syracuse might very well not be playing in a BCS conference today had WVU not won those bowl games. Would that have effected the ACC's strategy? Neither of us will ever know because it didn't happen.

Reaction Score

Amen.

Reaction Score
After watching that effort by the Orange on Saturday, Mr. Luck looks pretty smart.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
UConn was fortunate to have the opportunity, but it has much more to do with Dave Gavitt, Dee Rowe, Lew Perkins, Jim Calhoun, Geno Auriema, Skip Holtz and Randy Edsall than it does with anything colored orange with the single exception of a basketball.

Reaction Score
You should see their message board. I'd say at least 50% of the fan base is hoping that UConn and Rutgers have to play football in the MAC.

It's like the old saying goes, if you can't beat em, stab em in the back by switching conferences without warning and then hope they are relegated to non-BCS status.

just another reason i'd rather make this BE work than join the ACC. maybe Cuse will actually be able to compete in the ACC, they certainly weren't able to in the Big East

Reaction Score
just another reason i'd rather make this BE work than join the ACC. maybe Cuse will actually be able to compete in the ACC, they certainly weren't able to in the Big East
Agree. I don't look forward to an ACC invite, although I fully understand that Pres. Herbst would jump on it. In the meantime, let's make our own league and play football. If the service academies decide not to join, which they very well could decide, I'd like to see a couple more Texas schools in the mix.

Reaction Score
Agree. I don't look forward to an ACC invite, although I fully understand that Pres. Herbst would jump on it. In the meantime, let's make our own league and play football. If the service academies decide not to join, which they very well could decide, I'd like to see a couple more Texas schools in the mix.
+10000

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Yeah, an ACC invite is desirable only because it would ensure stability and not because of the company we'd have to keep.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I'm going to miss watching our guys kick Orange ass as an annual event. Took about 30 seconds to catch those guys in football. Conference stability might give them a fighting chance over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom