You Have To Admit- It Was A HELL Of A Run | The Boneyard

You Have To Admit- It Was A HELL Of A Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Pretty amazing how this school could do so much in 20 years.

duck*ed. Totally, unquestionably duck*ed.

But man...what a run.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
In the immortal words of Cypress Hill, "We ain't goin' out like that..."

Reaction Score
Pretty amazing how this school could do so much in 20 years.

duck*ed. Totally, unquestionably duck*ed.

But man...what a run.

I'd call it a 30-year run - include men's soccer title in 1981, two field hockey titles, hiring JC and Geno in mid-80's, NIT title in 1988.

I also think Geno will keep his program going - maybe Ray Reid too (Charlotte, Akron, Creighton all make deep tourney runs, so why not?). So we may have a few years left before we're a total wasteland.

And polo should still be a power.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Basically we are where Georgetown and Villanova are. What's wrong with that? Akron won the soccer NC two years ago. Obscure schools win the Hockey title all the time. Loyola won in Lacrosse. Only football will take a serious hit.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Basically we are where Georgetown and Villanova are. What's wrong with that? Akron won the soccer NC two years ago. Obscure schools win the Hockey title all the time. Loyola won in Lacrosse. Only football will take a serious hit.

Yeah, I mean Men's hoops shouldn't take a hit replacing Cuse, Pitt, WVU, Ville, ND with Tulane, UCF, SMU, Houston and down the line ECU.

Reaction Score
Are you being sarcastic?

Reaction Score

I disagree. The football schools will be better than the most recent version of the BE. Boise St., Houston, UCF, SD State, and even USF are no slouches and all have potential. Temple and Navy have proven hard to beat. What we lose in football is regional rivals. Men's basketball will take the hardest hit as recruits will want to play in the ACC.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Other than that uconNYC, how was the play?

Reaction Score
Grew up in Upstate NY and was a diehard Montreal Expos fan. Moved to CT and loved the Whalers. Was deeply saddened when those franchises moved. But I have never been sadder than tonight. This makes no sense to me, but I guess it is beyond my understanding.

Just can't sleep and keep torturing myself with more messages, threads and tweets. I guess the difference was that the Expos and Whale just shutdown and moved, but with UConn we could be watching a slow painful slide of the athletic program with impacts to the university as a whole.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
a slow painful slide of the athletic program with impacts to the university as a whole.

That's the part that really sucks. That a freaking decision by a Southeastern basketball conference to fruitlessly try and remain relevant in football could ultimately affect overall education in another state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom