OT- You can't make this stuff up! | The Boneyard

OT- You can't make this stuff up!

Reaction Score
Over the last 3 weeks my breathing has been more & more labored! And after doing a simple task I feel like I've just run a marathon!
So today I went to my Cardio Dr and he thinks I'm retaining fluids causing both, so I'm on water pills and stop taking some other meds and NO CARDIO REHAB till I feel better!
This stuff never ends..........
It would really do me good to get some positive long lasting news!
If you have good health, be smart & treasure it!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"Over the last 3 weeks my breathing has been more & more labored! And after doing a simple task I feel like I've just run a marathon!"

Been there and I feel your pain. A year ago I could not climb a flight of stairs or walk to the mailbox without having to stop and gasp for breath, In a span of a couple of months I gained nearly 40 lbs even though I was barely eating. I ended up in the ER. A Lasix IV was installed and in the course of 24 hours I eliminated 11 liters of liquid. One of the nurses said that was probably a record. I lost 35 lbs in 5 days. My Cardio doctor compared my heart to a V8 banging on only two cylinders.

Now after a year of a half dozen pills daily, watching my diet and exercise, my last checkup showed improvement. I'm no longer feel restricted in what I can do. I walk 2-3 miles every day and do 10 flights of stairs each morning and I feel great. The toughest thing for me is the salt restricted diet. :(

After a few days on the water pills your breathing and stamina should return.
Focus on getting well and the upcoming UConn season. That will perk you up.

Reaction Score
"Over the last 3 weeks my breathing has been more & more labored! And after doing a simple task I feel like I've just run a marathon!"

Been there and I feel your pain. A year ago I could not climb a flight of stairs or walk to the mailbox without having to stop and gasp for breath, In a span of a couple of months I gained nearly 40 lbs even though I was barely eating. I ended up in the ER. A Lasix IV was installed and in the course of 24 hours I eliminated 11 liters of liquid. One of the nurses said that was probably a record. I lost 35 lbs in 5 days. My Cardio doctor compared my heart to a V8 banging on only two cylinders.

Now after a year of a half dozen pills daily, watching my diet and exercise, my last checkup showed improvement. I'm no longer feel restricted in what I can do. I walk 2-3 miles every day and do 10 flights of stairs each morning and I feel great. The toughest thing for me is the salt restricted diet. :(

vtcwbuff- - -WOW! Congrats on your hard work!
I do feel a little bit better but I don't want to miss too much Cardiac Rehab!

Reaction Score
Two weeks ago. my stress test came back fine. Last Thursday night, I got chest pain and blood pressure and pulse were too high for my meter to read. Off to spend 5 days in the hospital and collect another stent in the process. I had 4 more episodes while in the hospital. Pulse hit 182 on 1 of them. Self corrected each time. I swear it's a hospital conspiracy to keep you in for 5 days until your c0-pays are exhausted. Came home yesterday with my left hand and forearm looking like Popeye's after 2 IVs infiltrated.
Apparently, 1 artery was 80% occluded and was the culprit.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Two weeks ago. my stress test came back fine. Last Thursday night, I got chest pain and blood pressure and pulse were too high for my meter to read. Off to spend 5 days in the hospital and collect another stent in the process. I had 4 more episodes while in the hospital. Pulse hit 182 on 1 of them. Self corrected each time. I swear it's a hospital conspiracy to keep you in for 5 days until your c0-pays are exhausted. Came home yesterday with my left hand and forearm looking like Popeye's after 2 IVs infiltrated.

PonchoFan, Sorry to hear of your high BP and chest pain. Glad to hear that the doctors were able to correctly diagnose your symptoms and correct the situation. We would all agree that you cannot put a price on good health.
We look forward to having you and RSHERVIKES back in the "pink" health wise. We need every able body we can get to help root and cheer for our girls this upcoming season. A periodic report on your anticipated improved condition would be welcomed. Feel better soon. :)

Reaction Score

You lost about 25 pounds just by having had the body fluids removed. That alone, after recovery, should have given you a lift to your spirit. Thanks for sharing this with Rsherm and us.
Your discussion game us all positive vibes

Reaction Score
Over the last 3 weeks my breathing has been more & more labored! And after doing a simple task I feel like I've just run a marathon!
So today I went to my Cardio Dr and he thinks I'm retaining fluids causing both, so I'm on water pills and stop taking some other meds and NO CARDIO REHAB till I feel better!
This stuff never ends.....

Few favored with good health every truly appreciate it--it's people like you who realize the great give life truly is--
As always I admire your courage and understanding of what is happening in your life--I'm more than encouraged with your great desire to get back to Cardio Rehab--good, that muscle that pumps needs to be worked , under control. Keep up the good mental out look--you are model for us to follow.
Thanks for sharing Rsherm--

Reaction Score
Just be aware that when taking lasix, when you gotta' go, you gotta' go. ;)
Thats one I know about--both ways for nearly1.5 years--never knew when the urge would demand my attention, immediately. It happened in the some inconvenient places--and more than less--I reacted too slowly with the expected consequences.

Reaction Score
This stuff never ends.....

Hey, let's get back on the mend. I like it better when you share good news. Take care of yourself.

Reaction Score

PonchoFan- - -I feel your pain! You don't think about your health till it goes bad on you!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom