You can never go home again | The Boneyard

You can never go home again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only person in sports I've ever seen come back to coach a previous team successfully was Billy Martin with the NY Yankees. Several times. It's hard to do.

I like Randy Edsall but changes over the long haul are permanent and one can't go back to what they once were.
Too much has changed. Edsall was an extremely low risk pick. He'll get the program up to 7 or 8 wins a year and competitive with BC. That's probably good enough to keep the fans coming to the games.

I wish him and the program well.

Reaction Score
Kansas St.'s iconic coach?
In Snyder two tenures at K-State, he has more wins than all other coaches combined. His "minor league" system he uses with JUCO transfers is brilliant.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The only person in sports I've ever seen come back to coach a previous team successfully was Billy Martin with the NY Yankees. Several times. It's hard to do.

I like Randy Edsall but changes over the long haul are permanent and one can't go back to what they once were.
Too much has changed. Edsall was an extremely low risk pick. He'll get the program up to 7 or 8 wins a year and competitive with BC. That's probably good enough to keep the fans coming to the games.

I wish him and the program well.

It's not like Edsall won a NC his first time around. And he won't have to win one this time just to make a massive improvement over the last guy (LOL)

Reaction Score
The coach at Nevada, Chris Ault, maybe did it as well.

Reaction Score
I feel like I"m in Wonderland. We've averaged 4 wins a year over a 6 year period, and people are worried about what happens when we got up to 8 every year and stuck there. My answer is let's worry about that problem when it happens, because when it happens we will be light years down the road from where we are now.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
"You can't go home again." Judge issuing restraining order......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom