Yesterday's New - Geno on Final 4 Losses | The Boneyard

Yesterday's New - Geno on Final 4 Losses

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I missed it. Maybe you did too?

Geno Auriemma Opens Up On UConn Final Four Loss: 'It's Not All Celebration All The Time'

“Sometimes you have to be reminded that there is another side to this game where you actually go back to the locker room and it’s not all celebration all the time,” Auriemma said. “So I try to rationalize it by going, ‘This is part of what we do.’ Not everyone understands that because it’s not something we’re used to doing.”

And maybe you missed this one too on recruiting and UConn's draw:

“I think the approach we take at Connecticut, and where you all come in I hope, is what we can do for you,” Auriemma said. “We can provide something for you that nowhere else can. I don’t mean the glitziest stuff, but we can provide an opportunity for you that no one else can. Why would hockey players come here to play if they ever visited our facility? But they do, don’t they?”

"The key Auriemma said, is the people. UConn may not have the best facilities, but the people and the amount of effort they are willing to put into recruits are the real difference makers.

“That’s what we’ve always prided ourselves on, the people that we have as opposed to the things that other people have that they’re offering recruits,” Auriemma said. “However, that can only go so far down the road. If we put the people that we have with the facilities and same things that other people have, as good as we are now, there’s no telling how good we can be, and that’s where you all come in.”

UConn Coaches Road Show Kicks Off; Geno Center Of Attention

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom