YES/Fox/Rutgers/BTN | The Boneyard

YES/Fox/Rutgers/BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Interesting conversation on Frank the Tank's blog around the recent rumors of Fox buying YES being tied to Rutgers inclusion in the Big 10.

Fox could use YES as leverage to force systems to carry the BTN. If you don't carry the BTN you don't get the Yankees. That's a pretty nice little stick to beat the money out of the cable systems with.

Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Never understood why UConn went with SNY over YES. Were they not interested? YES has way more national coverage than SNY.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Never understood why UConn went with SNY over YES. Were they not interested? YES has way more national coverage than SNY.

Never understood why you went with your wife instead of Jennifer Anniston.

Yes already has penetration throughout the Yankees' territory. They did not need to pay for expensive offseason product to sell themselves. SNY did.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Yes already has penetration throughout the Yankees' territory. They did not need to pay for expensive offseason product to sell themselves. SNY did.

All I read was: line 1) ....Jennifer Aniston. line 2) Yes...penetration... line 3) They did not need to pay...

I re-read the post though, about six times, and I agree with the intended sentiment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
YES has the Nets. They didn't need so much more winter programming and the Yankees were enough to get them onto CT cable systems in the first place.

Reaction Score
All I read was: line 1) ....Jennifer Aniston. line 2) Yes...penetration... line 3) They did not need to pay...

I re-read the post though, about six times, and I agree with the intended sentiment.

1273.gif

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Perhaps that it is true, the part about YES not spending a lot in its off season programming. That's why I asked.

Btw, you know nothing about what may or may not have happened in my past relationship with Jennifer Aniston. :p

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Perhaps that it is true, the part about YES not spending a lot in its off season programming. That's why I asked.

Btw, you know nothing about what may or may not have happened in my past relationship with Jennifer Aniston. :p

Luckily she doesn't either.

Reaction Score
Years ago we used to get MSG, I really liked that station and then it was replaced by YES. I hate the Yankees with a passion, so I never watch and I don't watch any NY pro sports. I live in southeastern Ct. I also get NECN and NESN, Boston news and sports which also carries ACC games and UConn news

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Years ago we used to get MSG, I really liked that station and then it was replaced by YES. I hate the Yankees with a passion, so I never watch and I don't watch any NY pro sports. I live in southeastern Ct. I also get NECN and NESN, Boston news and sports which also carries ACC games and UConn news

Why would you watch MSG if you didn't like NY pro sports? They have the Knicks, Rangers, Devils and Islanders. They have Jets and Giants shows.

Other than some high school stuff they have nothing but NY pro sports and random Big 12 games on MSG+.

Reaction Score
Cable subscription fees...

Pete Thamel (@SIPeteThamel)
11/18/12, 7:27 PM
Why would the Big Ten want Maryland and Rutgers. There's (up to) 200 million reasons. Our financial breakdown.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ig-ten-expansion-tv-money/index.html?mobile=n

"Rutgers is the wild card here," said the executive. "Rutgers in New Jersey and New York City isn't Ohio State in Ohio. Is it possible that the interest in Rutgers in the corridor is so marginal that no one is willing to carry it in that corridor? Is it possible that Rutgers doesn't resonate enough to justify 1.25 across any of the subscribers?"
Is Rutgers more popular in New Jersey than PSU is in Eastern PA.?

That's the operative question. Why? Because BTN is not on basic cable in Eastern PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom