Yedlin a Spur!! | The Boneyard

Yedlin a Spur!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wow! Big time news. Good for him, and I hope he shows well for us Yanks...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, I hope Spurs break through, and Yedlin play a part in it! US THFC supporters would be thrilled, but not as much as Jurgen.

Reaction Score
Apparently Kasey Keller, former Spurs and USMNT keeper, suggested he not go to Spurs out of concern they might loan him out or he wouldn't get meaningful minutes (which leads to development).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Apparently Kasey Keller, former Spurs and USMNT keeper, suggested he not go to Spurs out of concern they might loan him out or he wouldn't get meaningful minutes (which leads to development).
You guys have Walker playing RB right? Already an English international.

Reaction Score

Just to expand on what he said. He said that Spurs are notorious for stockpiling bargains and not playing them. He knows Tottenham so his advice wasn't without merit.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
I suspect that Tottenham wants to use him as winger.

I would also, being an EMNT isn't the endorsement it once was.

Reaction Score
I would also, being an EMNT isn't the endorsement it once was.

I just started reading Soccernomics, which supposedly makes the argument that English Football isn't all that. Looking forward to that. I actually rewatched extended highlights of the England/US game from 2010. There isn't much of a gap there if at all.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
I just started reading Soccernomics, which supposedly makes the argument that English Football isn't all that. Looking forward to that. I actually rewatched extended highlights of the England/US game from 2010. There isn't much of a gap there if at all.

Has more to do with politics than talent. England has a deeper pool, slightly more talent at the top, but they are a bunch of soft underachievers. Oh, and their keeping stinks

Reaction Score
He and Julian Green will both make great additions to Spurs in the coming year(s) as they mature and develop to their soon to be world class form.

CommmmeOnnnnnnnYouuuuuuuSpurrrrrrrrs..........

Reaction Score
He and Julian Green will both make great additions to Spurs in the coming year(s) as they mature and develop to their soon to be world class form.

CommmmeOnnnnnnnYouuuuuuuSpurrrrrrrrs.....
and then Levy will sell them to Real Madrid....ughhhhh

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Fire sale at Spurs. Same site reports that the Yedlin deal only took 48 hours.
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/08/12/tottenham-ready-to-sell-eight-in-summer-clear-out/

I am OK losing almost all of those players...but not Paulinho. He was injured a lot last year, but he had flashes of creativity that I enjoyed (there was lite to enjoy last year besides the matches against ManU).

If they get 10 million pounds for Townsend they should sell him; he really didn't impress me much (started strong but then wa more frustrating than anything).

Reaction Score
I am OK losing almost all of those players...but not Paulinho. He was injured a lot last year, but he had flashes of creativity that I enjoyed (there was lite to enjoy last year besides the matches against ManU).

If they get 10 million pounds for Townsend they should sell him; he really didn't impress me much (started strong but then wa more frustrating than anything).
Ditto. Paulinho was the only name I was surprised to read (and disappointed Danny Rose wasn't on the list). If Spurs can close on Yedlin, Mussachio(sp?) to pair up with Vertongen and Davies as a back 4, that's an upgrade to last season in what was their weakest (by far) position. Hopefully Remy and Depay work out as well. Levy frustrates the hell out of me with his negotiation tactics.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Ditto. Paulinho was the only name I was surprised to read (and disappointed Danny Rose wasn't on the list). If Spurs can close on Yedlin, Mussachio(sp?) to pair up with Vertongen and Davies as a back 4, that's an upgrade to last season in what was their weakest (by far) position. Hopefully Remy and Depay work out as well. Levy frustrates the hell out of me with his negotiation tactics.

Exactly. I wouldn't expect anymore moves until the day before the season starts (or later)

Reaction Score
Know what’s good about Yeldin potentially playing for the Spurs? The experience he will gain by going up again Sanchez and the German stars should get him ready for the 2018 World Cup. Plus, he can benchmark himself against the experienced Debuchy and potential star Chambers.

Also, after playing a match against the Gunners, instead of exchanging game shirts, if Yeldin can grab Zelalem and force a US kit on him, does that count as being capped as part of the USMNT forever?

Reaction Score
Know what’s good about Yeldin potentially playing for the Spurs? The experience he will gain by going up again Sanchez and the German stars should get him ready for the 2018 World Cup. Plus, he can benchmark himself against the experienced Debuchy and potential star Chambers.

Also, after playing a match against the Gunners, instead of exchanging game shirts, if Yeldin can grab Zelalem and force a US kit on him, does that count as being capped as part of the USMNT forever?

sniffed around some Spurs boards. This is a low risk opportunity for them because the fee is so low. It's also a chance to keep growing the brand in the US. If it doesn't workout then they can sell him back to an MLS team with not much of a loss.

I like Yedlin's chances because he seems to play better when the competition is higher quality. He looked great in the friendlies and the WC, and we saw the same Yedlin in the Bayern Munich game. I think he needs this move to keep him performing at that level.

Reaction Score
Was hoping he' join sooner, especially with the injuries and already suspect backline of Spurs. Glad they inked him though. Up next...Julian Green for 2015/16 perhaps? Maybe a loan from Bayern if he's not getting meaningful minutes ahead of the German National Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom