Yeah, another committee thread. | The Boneyard

Yeah, another committee thread.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know this is all old news, but I just noticed something after watching USF lose a heartbreaker.

The committee chair very clearly identifies the 'last four in' to the field as Cal, Purdue, Northern Iowa, and Auburn and they all pretty clearly belong in that category - Purdue was not in until their conference tournament run, and the other three are really really really borderline selections - ones that any other committee over the last ten years probably wouldn't have made. But they are the choices and I am fine with that, and they are identified as these were the worst teams we looked at and still selected.
SO
How did Cal and Purdue each get a 9 seed,
Northern Iowa a 10 seed
Auburn an 11 seed
And USF gets an 11 seed, and Oregon gets a 10 seed.
I really hadn't looked at the back end of this bracket before, but the committee chair says this is the absolute bottom of the barrel as far as at-large bids, but we are going to jump all of them in front of a better team by one or two seed lines, and we are going to jump one of them one seed line against a conference mate so bracket rules as far as conference doesn't come into the equation at all in that decision.
I am sure the answer would be a better 'student experience and travel' but Oregon is in Durham NC and Cal is in Waco so that is absolute BS on those two, and is it a better experience for FSU students to play a game in Tallahassee vs. a game against an easier opponent say in Starksville?

Just seems the committee decided travel distance trumped anything to do with seeding pretty much throughout the bracket from Baylor on down, except when it didn't. And it trumped it by multiple seed lines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom