Yawin Smallwood - American Defensive Player of Week. | The Boneyard

Yawin Smallwood - American Defensive Player of Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well deserved. Smallwood played like a real top quality NFL prospect with game impact play making capability. I've been critical of him in terms of readiness for the NFL because while he has good tackle numbers, I had not seen the kind of real dominance and impact on the field when it mattered. He was simply brilliant on Saturday. I hope he keeps his foot on the pedal, because the other guys follow. The defensive energy level clicked up about 100% in the second half.

Reaction Score
Go Yawin...hope he stays one more year and leaves for NFL like SIO, Trevardo and crew after their Senior year.
Guess it all depends on where they project him to be drafted, etc. My thought about a Yawin leaving early, great for him if
he gets to be a high draft pick, but if projected to go in the later rounds, maybe better to stay one more year (tough call to make
given potential for injury etc).

Reaction Score
I think a smart NFL team will be looking at him as an OLB in the 3-4. Underrated pass rusher, can drop back into coverage, and hold his own at the point of attack.

The only way I would stay if I were Smallwood would be if for some reason the new coach said that is how he would be utilized next season. As an ILB, he is looking at anywhere from the 3rd-6th round. With a year under his belt as a 3-4 OLB, he can go 2-4.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Most have him listed as an inside linebacker where he could flourish at the next level on a 3/4 or 4/3 team on the inside. He flows well side to side and has good coverage skills already. I agree he goes mid round unless he blows it up at the combines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom