YAWIN GOES NATIONAL | The Boneyard

YAWIN GOES NATIONAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where will he go in the NFL draft? If he continues and does very well this year, middle of the first round sounds possible.

Reaction Score
Where will he go in the NFL draft? If he continues and does very well this year, middle of the first round sounds possible.

It's tricky. Linebacker is a difficult position to project. If he has a great year and comes out for the draft (a huge mistake, IMO), he would likely be a 3rd rounder. If he goes off again next year, I can see him sneaking into the first round, or even better. The issue is how teams view him. Is he a ILB in the 3-4 or an OLB? If it's ILB, they rarely go in the early to mid first. There are exceptions like Vilma, AJ Hawk, and Luke Kuchely, but normally they slip. If he plays more OLB, and teams like him at that spot, he could easily be a mid first.

Again, that is assuming he continues having a fantastic season and follows it up with another great season.

As it stands now, I put chances of him leaving after this year at 5 %, and next season at 90%.

Reaction Score
He's got measurables that any NFL scout would love but there's always a lot of linebackers out there so it's hard to gauge where he'll go. I thought Wilson would go higher than he did, but I'd have never guessed Cody Brown would have gone in the second. I'll leave it at, I hope the Eagles get him

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He's got measurables that any NFL scout would love but there's always a lot of linebackers out there so it's hard to gauge where he'll go. I thought Wilson would go higher than he did, but I'd have never guessed Cody Brown would have gone in the second. I'll leave it at, I hope the Eagles get him

I'll admit that Yawin wasn't even on my radar as being a major force on D before the season started. Now, after 3 games, he's obviously risen to the top of that list.

I think you meant he has "immeasurables" that NFL scouts would love and I completely agree.

The biggest one and the one that amazes me is his ability to shed a block.

I noticed it watching the game live on TV but watched the Maryland game again. There are very few big plays that Yawin made where he wasn't accounted for and/or had a blocker(s) in his face. The kid simply seems two steps ahead of his man.

The young man's swim move and instincts should be cloned. In my opinion he's brought an athletic aspect to the position that we haven't seen before. Cody, Scott, Albert, Sio, Lawrence and the rest all more than held their own but YaSmall is taking this position to a power+speed level I'm not sure we've seen before.

Reaction Score
I meant measurables. He's 6'3", 235, but will probably be 250-260 for the NFL and reported runs around a 4.6 40. He's got a terrific wingspan that helps him shed blocks and get a hand on passes. His immeasurables are great too, but he's also a prototype size NFL linebacker and I think that NFL scouts will love him at the combine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom