Yawin #45 on Kiper's big board | The Boneyard

Yawin #45 on Kiper's big board

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
"On a loaded defense, he piled up 120 total tackles last season."

Now we had a loaded defense? But I thought our talent level just couldn't compete?!:p

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I get Dez's argument that most of the talent was on the defensive side of the ball, but what is frustrating is that he doesn't get that the defense was so good, that a good coach would have figured out how to manufacture enough offense (including minimizing turnovers) to beat bad teams like WMU, Temple and USF.

UConn fans aren't saying that UConn should have been 12-0...but there was an opportunity to take advantage of the talent on defense to beat bad teams and get UConn in a bowl game. Hopefully the change in OC will get us there this year.

Reaction Score
I get Dez's argument that most of the talent was on the defensive side of the ball, but what is frustrating is that he doesn't get that the defense was so good, that a good coach would have figured out how to manufacture enough offense (including minimizing turnovers) to beat bad teams like WMU, Temple and USF.

UConn fans aren't saying that UConn should have been 12-0...but there was an opportunity to take advantage of the talent on defense to beat bad teams and get UConn in a bowl game. Hopefully the change in OC will get us there this year.

I could not agree more with this. It was an outstanding defense and it should have been rode to an 8-9 win season.

Reaction Score

I think the frustrating part is how many times we've had this argument. It's not any different than it was four months ago, so I don't understand the compulsion to keep having it.

Reaction Score
Hell in 2011 we won 9 games by having a loaded defense and having Sanu run slants all damn day.

I do not doubt that you could have beaten Temple, USF, and WMU by doing something similar.

Reaction Score

I think we all agree on this.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think the frustrating part is how many times we've had this argument. It's not any different than it was four months ago, so I don't understand the compulsion to keep having it.

Here is why we still talk about it...

- It is offseason...it's better than an HFD rant post telling us we are idiots .

- I can predict that Dez is reading the comments about Smallwood (at his desk under a Devendorf poster)...shaking his head saying "damn people don't get that it takes more than a defense to win games". We know Dez..but WMU, Temple and USF were really bad teams last year. You didn't need a competent offense...you just didn't need an incompetent offense.

In my opinion, his continual defense of PP is more annoying than our repititive posts about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom