Yards after contact | The Boneyard

Yards after contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a stat kept by teams to determine the quality of running backs. I'm not sure we have any this YEAR. Can someone please break a tackle? Just one.

BTW, the offensive line would look a lot better if the backs broke a few tackles and gained yards after contact.

Reaction Score
I sat right under the scoreboard today. There was absolutely no lanes to run in up the middle, no matter how many times we tried.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Love the little pitch and catch by Buffalo,took more air out of the crowd,why can't we do a little razzle dazzle,nice one in the Cincy VT game almost got a TD out of it

Reaction Score
I sat right under the scoreboard today. There was absolutely no lanes to run in up the middle, no matter how many times we tried.

I'm trying to find something positive about the Oline as things progress, but they were just pathetic today against a less talented team.

Reaction Score
Nothing that a new head coach and a new offensive coordinator couldn't improve upon. Heck there was a seven year old at the game today that had better insight to offensive play calling.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nothing that a new head coach and a new offensive coordinator couldn't improve upon. Heck there was a seven year old at the game today that had better insight to offensive play calling.
TDH, answer honestly please:

Today would you have preferred being us or Baylor?

Reaction Score
I would just like to note and compliment the efforts by Osciecki today. He flung a defensive player off of him and another one bounced off the stiff arm on him 9 yard catch. He really is underutilized and I hope as time goes by, he really shows what he can do.

Reaction Score

I'll bite. Of course "us" rather than Baylor. Honest. But can you not see that HCPP is not the right man for the job and that every day he stays at UConn will set this program back years?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I see this but what I interpret from your continual (for as long as I can remember from these boards, post Dano) comments is that you believe that all we need to do is throw the ball 55-60 times a game and we will automatically be good at it.

Reaction Score
I see this but what I interpret from your continual (for as long as I can remember from these boards, post Dano) comments is that you believe that all we need to do is throw the ball 55-60 times a game and we will automatically be good at it.

Thanks for the reciprocity - honest answer to your question and .... Totally sidestepping my question with a little unrelated flamming. And to be honest I'll settle for 35-40 times a game.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Sidestepping? You asked me if I can see something and I responded that I did.

Reaction Score
I'll bite. Of course "us" rather than Baylor. Honest. But can you not see that HCPP is not the right man for the job and that every day he stays at UConn will set this program back years?

Fairfield, I asked you to answer this question and you couch your answer in a flame. Bold.

Reaction Score
I would just like to note and compliment the efforts by Osciecki today. He flung a defensive player off of him and another one bounced off the stiff arm on him 9 yard catch. He really is underutilized and I hope as time goes by, he really shows what he can do.

Great point, MO is definitely a running back and he broke more tackles on one carry than McCombs has all year.

Reaction Score
Great point, MO is definitely a running back and he broke more tackles on one carry than McCombs has all year.
Ever since the spring game, I actually hoped Osiecki would emerge as the starting fullback. He looks a little like Sherman light or at the very least like a guy who could make something happen when he catches the ball. Frank doesn't provide the same threat as a receiver IMO. I haven't noticed if Frank is a significantly better blocker, though to be honest, Frank hasn't stood out to me in that department either.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Fairfield, I asked you to answer this question and you couch your answer in a flame. Bold.

All I did was state that I agree (in general) with your position on our coaching staff but to be clear, also pointed out that your ridiculous whining (which goes back many years) is intolerable.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to find something positive about the Oline as things progress, but they were just pathetic today against a less talented team.

Here's something positive. There were no false starts against the interior line--only one on Delahunt. Why the turnaround? Concentration yes, but some linemen commented that with Bullock at Center the snaps were coming right on time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's something positive. There were no false starts against the interior line--only one on Delahunt. Why the turnaround? Concentration yes, but some linemen commented that with Bullock at Center the snaps were coming right on time.

I noticed the interior linemen seemed more in-synch. And there weren't any botched snaps.

I don't have any problem with Mateas taking a back seat. He might even be more valuable at the sixth lineman because he can play guard or center. He hadn't ever played a down of D-1 ball as a center before he played for us. He was always a projection and a hope that he'd be at least average.

Reaction Score

Excellent point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer