OT: Yard Goats Season Ticket Sales Jump 24 Percent | The Boneyard

OT: Yard Goats Season Ticket Sales Jump 24 Percent

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Apparently, the novelty hasn't worn off yet. And last year, you pretty much had to buy weekend seats a week in advance in the summer.

Reaction Score
I hope they change their colors and create their own identity. Enough with the Whalers' colors already. They are not coming back as long as Gary Bettman is alive.

Reaction Score
I'm going to my first Yard Goats game later this month! I'm going to a conference in Hartford and I'm staying at the Candlewood Suites that's right next to the stadium.

Reaction Score
I hope they change their colors and create their own identity. Enough with the Whalers' colors already. They are not coming back as long as Gary Bettman is alive.

What would you prefer their colors be?

Reaction Score
On Eve of Second Season, Yard Goats Season Ticket Sales Jump 24 Percent

Nobody tell Deepster, though. As he's made us all aware, Hartford is a rotting cesspool of violence and death and it's only a matter of time before the Yard Goats fade into oblivion.

I've admitted now, maybe 4-5 times, that I was wrong and that I liked the stadium the more I went last year. And I'm looking forward to going more this year. But that doesn't really play into your joke, so you can ignore it (again) if you want.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I've admitted now, maybe 4-5 times, that I was wrong and that I liked the stadium the more I went last year. And I'm looking forward to going more this year. But that doesn't really play into your joke, so you can ignore it (again) if you want.

Shot spotter is working!

Reaction Score
They can do even better. The location of the stadium, the ease of getting in and out, etc, are what bring many people there. The title of the thread says they are succeeding. It's not like I had to be told.

As far as colors go, I'd go with something that relates well to the Victorian era since trains were big in the Victorian era. I've been into sports marketing for a very long time. Even a purplish-red to represent velvet, silver and black would be better

I don't complain about every small thing. Meet up with me and we can discuss complaining.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

It's not about you being wrong. It's the way that you bash Hartford.

Reaction Score
It's not about you being wrong. It's the way that you bash Hartford.

Yeah. I get it, guy. And like I said...6 times now....I liked the Yard Goats.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I get it, guy. And like I said...6 times now....I liked the Yard Goats.

It would just kind of ruin your day at the stadium if you got shot walking from your car. ;)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Another example of why this board needs a down vote button. ;)

Reaction Score

Fair. I don't pay real close attention, admittedly. Good to know. I'll remember next time, probably.

Reaction Score
They can do even better. The location of the stadium, the ease of getting in and out, etc, are what bring many people there. The title of the thread says they are succeeding. It's not like I had to be told.

As far as colors go, I'd go with something that relates well to the Victorian era since trains were big in the Victorian era. I've been into sports marketing for a very long time. Even a purplish-red to represent velvet, silver and black would be better

I don't complain about every small thing. Meet up with me and we can discuss complaining.

Those colors are a lot like what their major league affiliate have (Colorado Rockies). Not sure if it would work here. So many baseball teams as is with dark colors.

Personally I always liked the old Whalers’ green & blue so it doesn’t bother me (and I get that they’re never coming back, but it’s nice to pay homage to them). They’re bright colors that kids seem to like, so that & the YG’s logo will help them sell merchandise.

Eventually the novelty of a new stadium will wear off, but it is a really nice stadium in a location right next to downtown. It’s got staying power.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Don’t take it too hard. He probably smokes crack.

Reaction Score
Those colors are a lot like what their major league affiliate have (Colorado Rockies). Not sure if it would work here. So many baseball teams as is with dark colors.

Personally I always liked the old Whalers’ green & blue so it doesn’t bother me (and I get that they’re never coming back, but it’s nice to pay homage to them). They’re bright colors that kids seem to like, so that & the YG’s logo will help them sell merchandise.

Eventually the novelty of a new stadium will wear off, but it is a really nice stadium in a location right next to downtown. It’s got staying power.
I didn't even think of the Rockies. Use bronze instead of silver then. And maybe the same magenta as the Southern California Sun of the 1970s WFL. Beats me. But something creative can be done.

The kids didn't get to see the Whalers. Was a Whalers fan growing up personally; moved while I was in college. I used to wear a Starter satin green Whalers jacket all the time at some point in high school. Looks strange on a baseball team.

The stadium does have staying power, yes. People who are actually baseball fans will be the ones going to the game over time. I don't see this franchise moving, unless we can get a AAA team.

Reaction Score

An artist’s rendering of Butch's dream.

steampunk.jpg

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think I'll be at opening night. Should be fun as long as it's not too cold

Reaction Score
It would just kind of ruin your day at the stadium if you got shot walking from your car. ;)

My office overlooks Hartford and I have a nice little map on my window that highlights the areas people have recently been shot. Swing up sometime and I'll give you the tour.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My office overlooks Hartford and I have a nice little map on my window that highlights the areas people have recently been shot. Swing up sometime and I'll give you the tour.
Pm me address

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom