Yale and UConn Involved In A 2014 Regular Season Tournament Not Named The UConn Hockey Classic | The Boneyard

Yale and UConn Involved In A 2014 Regular Season Tournament Not Named The UConn Hockey Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not new news but I just discovered that according to the Yale hockey website, UConn and Yale will be part of the Liberty Invitational at the Prudential Center in New Jersey for 2014. The other two teams joining them will be Princeton and Merrimack.

With Yale committing to play in a regular season tournament with UConn and another one of their ECAC conference mates, Princeton, there is no excuse they cannot make it work with the all CT tournament. What is the difference if Princeton is swapped out for Quinnipiac since they play in the same conference? Unfortunately, Princeton and Yale are committed to the tournament through 2016 so it does not look the CT tournament will have Yale involved for a while.

Reaction Score
Any dates for that? Also is the UConn tourney going to be played next season? I heard that was set through 2016 as well, but can't recall the teams.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Cool this is an easy drive for me.

Reaction Score
I do not know the exact dates but this year the tournament was Yale's first two games of the year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Due to Ivy League limitations, they start their season several weeks after other Division I teams. The tournament was founded several years ago as the Ivy Shootout to permit Ivy League teams to play each other before taking on competitors that already have 5 or six games under their belts. It's no longer all Ivy, but you can expect it to be sometime around the 24th and 25th of October for similar reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom