XRM done with visits... | The Boneyard

XRM done with visits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I was hoping he would come visit us before his decision this could work out well since he has already visited the school and we dont waste one of our 5 official visits

Reaction Score
while I don't have my hopes up, why is it considered a done deal that he's going to FSU when he only took an unofficial to them as well?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
while I don't have my hopes up, why is it considered a done deal that he's going to FSU when he only took an unofficial to them as well?

His mom and dad are both FSU alums - he's more familiar with that school than half the people who go there.

Reaction Score
His mom and dad are both FSU alums - he's more familiar with that school than half the people who go there.

Does that mean he'll be less familiar with the school after he enrolls?

Reaction Score
Im willing to bet anything that he goes to FSU. I was on X's prep school team his freshman year and all he talked about was going to FSU, Its his dream school and I would be shocked if he went anywhere else.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Im willing to bet anything that he goes to FSU. I was on X's prep school team his freshman year and all he talked about was going to FSU, Its his dream school and I would be shocked if he went anywhere else.

Sounds like he was brainwashed very well by the 'rents. Probably has a autographed poster of Charlie Ward.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to him at FSU... Follow in his dad's footsteps... Can't blame him should he go there... Beautiful weather year round ( bikinis everywhere )... Enjoy the best time of your life ( college ) son....

Reaction Score
i would have been glad to waste one of those 5 visits on him...damn him! unless he chooses UConn

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
According to David Borges of the New Haven Register, his father says there is nothing to worry about for UConn fans.

When Tharon Mayes was asked whether his son was still considering UConn or not, he responded by saying “Absolutely, yeah. He plans on making his decision soon. He’s been up to UConn already, so it’s not like he hasn’t visited the school. He said he just wants some time to think about it. He says he’s gonna surprise us.”
Rathan-Mayes has visited all three schools and despite not coming to UConn this weekend, he was visited by new UConn Head Coach Kevin Ollie and Assistant Coach Karl Hobbs last Monday.

http://www.dailycampus.com/sports/storrs-side-1.2917554#.UGwC_03A9v8

Reaction Score
According to David Borges of the New Haven Register, his father says there is nothing to worry about for UConn fans.

When Tharon Mayes was asked whether his son was still considering UConn or not, he responded by saying “Absolutely, yeah. He plans on making his decision soon. He’s been up to UConn already, so it’s not like he hasn’t visited the school. He said he just wants some time to think about it. He says he’s gonna surprise us.”
Rathan-Mayes has visited all three schools and despite not coming to UConn this weekend, he was visited by new UConn Head Coach Kevin Ollie and Assistant Coach Karl Hobbs last Monday.

http://www.dailycampus.com/sports/storrs-side-1.2917554#.UGwC_03A9v8

Here's what I've learned after a few years of being unhealthily obsessed with recruiting. When a kid schedules an announcement date and corresponding press conference to declare his decision, that usually means two things: 1) He knows where he's going as soon as he schedules that date, and 2) He desperately wants to keep it a surprise. His vision is that there will be 3 hats on the table and everyone will be waiting with baited breath to see which hat he chooses. Now this hardly ever happens, mostly because there are too many well-sourced recruiting guys who have every college coach on speed dial. Nevertheless, they try their best to keep it a surprise and almost all of the quotes given by the player and his family are designed to keep people guessing.

So in XRM's case, he declared his final 3 and said he'll be announcing on October 13th. He and his dad don't want people to now think he's made up his mind or even that he's down to two. They want it to be a big event.

So in summary, these quotes mean absolutely nothing.

Reaction Score
quote from the paper:

"Rathan-Mayes has visited all three schools and despite not coming to UConn this weekend, he was visited by new UConn Head Coach Kevin Ollie and Assistant Coach Karl Hobbs last Monday."

So Ollie and Hobbs visited XRM on 10/1 (after his cancelled visit), which the article, by using the word "despite" makes me assume, or did they visit him on 9/24??? I have way too much time on my hands i think...

Reaction Score
quote from the paper:

"Rathan-Mayes has visited all three schools and despite not coming to UConn this weekend, he was visited by new UConn Head Coach Kevin Ollie and Assistant Coach Karl Hobbs last Monday."

So Ollie and Hobbs visited XRM on 10/1 (after his cancelled visit), which the article, by using the word "despite" makes me assume, or did they visit him on 9/24??? I have way too much time on my hands i think...

Think it was the Monday before he was supposed to visit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know I'm late to the party here, but the name Tharon Mayes just hit me. Where did he go the HS, New Haven?

Reaction Score
I know I'm late to the party here, but the name Tharon Mayes just hit me. Where did he go the HS, New Haven?

Hillhouse, undefeated state champs, in the early 90's then played at FSU.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Of course Fishy is a Northeast D bag guy. Ignorance is your middle name. People think they have so much "influence" and hide behind the internet like him.
I lived in the NE till 1995 so I am not a southerner.
Everyone in the south is stupid. Of course. We all owned slaves and didn't go to high school and have no teeth.
I have no allegiance to FSU but I will tell you that UF for example is a higher rated school than UConn
What is it with you that many of you in CT hate about the south? Jealous that we are here? So you are stuck in a depressing dark and cold state like CT? Why? Get the hell out.
Jesus, the weather is so much better, the people are nicer and things are less expensive when you go south.
My whole family moved here after I did.
So CT is so freaking great?
Sorry Fishguts is so unhappy about his life that he has to insult other people in the south as being ignorant.
Who is being ignorant really?
Drive around Bridgeport, Waterbury, Naugatuck, Derby, New London, New Haven, Norwich, etc. or any of the the other shitbag towns. See all the brilliant people hanging out on welfare.
Elite city!
Woo hoo!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the season is close. stb droping a gem tells me so.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Of course Fishy is a Northeast D bag guy. Ignorance is your middle name. People think they have so much "influence" and hide behind the internet like him.
Everyone in the south is stupid. Of course. We all owned slaves and didn't go to high school and have no teeth.
I have no allegiance to FSU but I will tell you that UF for example is a higher rated school than UConn
What is it with you that many of you in CT hate about the south? Jealous that we are here? So you are stuck in a depressing dark and cold state like CT? Why? Get the hell out.
Jesus, the weather is so much better, the people are nicer and things are less expensive when you go south.
Sorry Fishguts is so unhappy about his life in CT that he has to insult other people in the south as being ignorant.
Drive around Bridgeport, Waterbury, Naugatuck, Derby, New London, New Haven, Hartford, Norwich, etc. or any of the the other shitbag towns. See all the brilliant people hanging out there on welfare.
Elite cities!
Woo hoo!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Of course Fishy is a Northeast D bag guy. Ignorance is your middle name.
Woo hoo!

Really? I always thought his middle name was Horrace. I'm not sure why.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That needed to be poste twice?

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Sorry Fishguts is so unhappy about his life in CT that he has to insult other people in the south as being ignorant.
Drive around Bridgeport, Waterbury, Naugatuck, Derby, New London, New Haven, Hartford, Norwich, etc. or any of the the other shitbag towns. See all the brilliant people hanging out there on welfare.
Elite cities!
Woo hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member