XLent Attendance | The Boneyard

XLent Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was pleasantly surprised when I got to my seat at the Central game and noticed that the crowd reached all the way up to the last row of nose bleed. The Temple crowd was even bigger and now they are saying that less than 500 seats remain for Cincy. What are we to make of this? Are morning/nooners the way to go? Is it because of the spruce up? In any event, I think it shows that moving out of Hartford would be a huge mistake.

Reaction Score
I think it means we are playing a quality opponent (old BE), on a Saturday after two consecutive road wins. Wonder how much the student section will be filled with them still out of session and an early game. If they were still in session, there would probably be less, since they would never get up to make the buses

Reaction Score
I was at the central game with my wife and 2 girls, the nooners are a lot easier for the family to make!

This. I was able to bring my 5 year old son to that game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it means we are playing a quality opponent (old BE), on a Saturday after two consecutive road wins...

And 13,300+ for Central?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Cinci almost sold out too... surprised for an 11am game

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm excited to see that the game will sell out.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
ill be there plus one... rounding up some more hopefully

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think they've done more deep discounting of tickets this year than in the past.

C

Chief00

Ok - I need to speak out here. The players hate the noon games - basically the first half is a throw away.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ok - I need to speak out here. The players hate the noon games - basically the first half is a throw away.

I hate them as well, but what can you say? And does Cincy have an advantage because they had an 11:00 start last week?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Cinci almost sold out too... surprised for an 11am game

I think it also has to do with Cincy being one of the last big name opponents on the home schedule, SMU at the end of the season and Memphis based on name alone being the other.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That way we can have 6,500 empty seats for the Yale game!

So it would be nearly-full for conference games and have about 10,000 seats for earlier season games...congratulations, you just described the current situation on-campus except with additional seating for big games. As it should be.

As it is ALMOST EVERYWHERE ELSE IN AMERICA.

WAAAAH TRAFFIC WAAAHHHHHH get over yourselves and drive an extra half-hour, jesus.

zls44

Reaction Score
I think it also has to do with Cincy being one of the last big name opponents on the home schedule, SMU at the end of the season and Memphis based on name alone being the other.

CCSU & Temple attendance was a very nice surprise. The atmosphere was nada, both because CCSU is awful and the XL is a boring dump that should be cast into the sound, but there were good-sized crowds.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
WAAAAH TRAFFIC WAAAHHHHHH get over yourselves and drive an extra half-hour, jesus.

That ought to do it. Maybe they should put that in the season ticket brochure.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Was this game one of the games that football season ticket holders got a freebie to? I know the Tulsa game was one choice but I can't remember the other. Also could have picked a WBB or hockey game.

At any rate, it's always better to go to games when the barn is full. I'll be there plus 1.5 (my friend and his 6 year old son who LOVES UConn).

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Coming from the SW part of the state, it has less to do with driving an extra half hour and more to do with every minute mattering. Getting to Hartford at 7 is difficult enough on a weeknight but for anyone that works in the Norwalk/Stamford area to get to Storrs by 7 is a tall task. When you add in traffic getting on to campus it could take close to 3 hours door to seat from Stamford. If you factor in having to go home to pick up your family it becomes too difficult for the average fan (average fan being key here - hard to pack 10k+ without the average fan).

zls44

Reaction Score
95% of the issue is infrastructure. I say its time to force the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom