XL/HCC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

XL/HCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There doesn't need to be an argument. Splitting the games between the buildings is what is best for the program.
Great crowds for SMU.Cincy and Memphis in an outdated building. Now imagine if we had Duke, Carolina, Cuse or OSU, MSU, IU in the new building they're trying to build. That would kill that silly argument for good.

Reaction Score
It literally happened this week. Was supposed to happen over the summer but there was a permit holdup. Place is much better without those doors.

It is much better, it has a more open and brighter feel. I never gave it any thought but having those doors was pointless and small time. Another thing I would like to see is easier access the player and team stats. They took a step back in this regard. I know they want to have as much as the game as they can on the jumbo tron but they made all the stats way too small. I'm in the lower section and I can barely read it especially the timeouts. I wouldn't care that much if they cell service wasn't so bad in there.

Reaction Score
Great crowds for SMU.Cincy and Memphis in an outdated building. Now imagine if we had Duke, Carolina, Cuse or OSU, MSU, IU in the new building they're trying to build. That would kill that silly argument for good.

One advantage that opposing teams have at the XL versus Gampel, the opposing team can be quietly brought into the venue. If a team like Duke played a game in Storrs, the pre-game festivities would provide the visiting team a 'unique' experience taking bus to the middle of campus and then walking into Gampel.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
There doesn't need to be an argument. Splitting the games between the buildings is what is best for the program.

Seems to work out fine for St. John's and Villanova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom