XL Floor Embarrassing | The Boneyard

XL Floor Embarrassing

Reaction Score
Anyone with knowledge as to how/why it happens? It seems to happen in some areas but not everywhere.

Can't even call it home ice advantage.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone with knowledge as to how/why it happens? It seems to happen in some areas but not everywhere.

Can't even call it home ice advantage.

Basics are when temp in arena gets warmer the condensation from the ice below beads up on court. Combination of HVAC above the court not being able to keep arena cool and dry and ice on hockey rink not being able to be cooled enough.

Reaction Score
Basics are when temp in arena gets warmer the condensation from the ice below beads up on court. Combination of HVAC above the court not being able to keep arena cool and dry and ice on hockey rink not being able to be cooled enough.
Seems it would be when you get more warm bodies in the building, raising the interior temperature they seem to get condensation? Just an average man theory.

Reaction Score
At least Danny uses it to his advantage with the press. Sorta like a deflated football.

Reaction Score
What's more valuable to the XL Center? UConn sports or semi-pro hockey? My God are they waiting for someone to get killed before they wake up and stop putting ice underneath a basketball court?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is all about the high temps today. That’s when it becomes quite noticeable. It’s not just an xL issue.
Seems it would be when you get more warm bodies in the building, raising the interior temperature they seem to get condensation? Just an average man theory.

Both are correct and slippery floors were more common 15-20 years ago. Newer arenas have figured this out with better and more robust HVAC systems.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is all about the high temps today. That’s when it becomes quite noticeable. It’s not just an xL issue.
They just stopped the game at Duke to wipe the floor. People making a big deal about this are being disingenuous. It happens at Gampel on warm days in the middle of winter.

Reaction Score
Why don't they put down a proper vapor barrier over the ice before putting down the hardwood??

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They just stopped the game at Duke to wipe the floor. People making a big deal about this are being disingenuous. It happens at Gampel on warm days in the middle of winter.

I'll ask why you are watching dook instead of NFL.
But, you kind of price the point. Cameron is ancient too. Older buildings with turd like HVAC can't get moisture out of the air to keep court dry.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Polley was practicing at the XL when he had his ACL tear? If so, heads need to roll.

Reaction Score
Why don't they put down a proper vapor barrier over the ice before putting down the hardwood??

Wow. You should really rell the XL management. I bet no one has thought of this before ever

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll ask why you are watching dook instead of NFL.
But, you kind of price the point. Cameron is ancient too. Older buildings with turd like HVAC can't get moisture out of the air to keep court dry.
At a sports bar, chin. My baby is treating because I'm so depressed.

C

Chief00

Agree, and I mentioned that this would happen driving. Yes, a better temperature control system is needed.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Polley was practicing at the XL when he had his ACL tear? If so, heads need to roll.
Actually a wet floor may have prevented the injury. He was injured on a jump stop. If his foot slipped it would have taken pressure off his knee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom