OT: - Xavier in NIT Semi-Finals vs Saint Bonaventure | The Boneyard

OT: Xavier in NIT Semi-Finals vs Saint Bonaventure

Reaction Score
Or do they call it the Final Four?

After an awful end to the season, Xavier is putting in a nice run in the NIT with wins over Cleveland State, Florida and Vanderbilt last night.

Saint Bonaventure had an even tougher road to the semis: beating Colorado, Oklahoma and Virginia.

Two teams we've played this year and two programs, in general, I tend to root for. The winner of this game will be the team I want to win in the title.

We often poo-poo the NIT, but for both Xavier and Saint Bonaventure, it's a way to rewrite the ending of script of seasons that didn't go as well as each team intended.

The semis are Tuesday at MSG.

Reaction Score
Is Steele still coaching Xavier? Or did he leave immediately? On the Bonnies side, it was a great story watching Kyle Lofton, who took his team out of the A-Ten semis when he missed a pair at the line down 1 at the end of the game a week and a half ago, step to the line and drill 2 in the same situation last night. Good for the young man.

But yes, an old time A-Ten matchup that should be a good game.

Reaction Score
1648039951257.png

Dang, the teams who play in the championship game are gonna be pooped!

MJ1

Reaction Score
Is Steele still coaching Xavier? Or did he leave immediately? On the Bonnies side, it was a great story watching Kyle Lofton, who took his team out of the A-Ten semis when he missed a pair at the line down 1 at the end of the game a week and a half ago, step to the line and drill 2 in the same situation last night. Good for the young man.

But yes, an old time A-Ten matchup that should be a good game.
Steele left immediately, Assistant coach is handling the duties until end of NIT run, then it’s Sean Miller time.

Reaction Score
Super unfortunate for Xavier that Paul Scruggs tore his ACL in the second game of this NIT run. Brutal for Scruggs, who I'm sure was looking forward to starting his pro career and now will have to rehab for a year.

Reaction Score
Super unfortunate for Xavier that Paul Scruggs tore his ACL in the second game of this NIT run. Brutal for Scruggs, who I'm sure was looking forward to starting his pro career and now will have to rehab for a year.
my god that's the epitome of brutality. coming back for your super senior year to finally make the big dance only to have your team collapse down the stretch and your coach get fired. then have a serious injury in the consolation tourney...suddenly i dont feel so bad about a 5/12 upset.

Reaction Score
my god that's the epitome of brutality. coming back for your super senior year to finally make the big dance only to have your team collapse down the stretch and your coach get fired. then have a serious injury in the consolation tourney...

Like the Michigan kid who tore his Achilles at the combine last week. Horrendous.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
X almost blew it in the last second with an inbounds pass to the corner, leading to ball going immediately oob off an X player. Gave Vandy 0.8 of a second to hit a three. And if Vandy had Laettner, they probably move on.

All Xavier had to do on the inbound was throw it in the backcourt. Didn't matter who touched it, time would've expired before a shot was taken. I guess that's what happens when assistants not named Kimani run the show.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
X almost blew it in the last second with an inbounds pass to the corner, leading to ball going immediately oob off an X player. Gave Vandy 0.8 of a second to hit a three. And if Vandy had Laettner, they probably move on.

All Xavier had to do on the inbound was throw it in the backcourt. Didn't matter who touched it, time would've expired before a shot was taken. I guess that's what happens when assistants not named Kimani run the show.
There's a lot of HCs who would almost blow that also

Reaction Score
Like the Michigan kid who tore his Achilles at the combine last week. Horrendous.
David Ojabo was gonna be a top 15 pick most likely. Tore it during his pro day. Staff there barely even helped him as he was in pain on the field.

Reaction Score
I am not a doctor, but an achilles injury is worse than a torn ACL these days as the advancements in medical procedures and technology make coming back from an ACL tear close to 100%. The achilles on OTOH I don't know what if any advancements have been made.

Anyone here that is doctor feel free to correct me if I am wrong as I am just going by anecdotally from what I have seen in sports and players recovering from an injury.

Reaction Score
Ojabo most likely had an insurance policy in place to protect him in the case something catastrophic (like this happened)

It was complete bs no one stopped to help him or check on him. They just picked up the ball and kept going. Shows how much a business football really is and the players are just that, players

Reaction Score
This is the last year NIT semis and finals will be at MSG. 83 year run coming to an end.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I want to the pick the bones of this Xavier recruiting class lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member