X’s and O’s | Page 2 | The Boneyard

X’s and O’s

Reaction Score
Bingo. Hawkins hit a huge 3 to cut the game to 4 and then Hurley falls in love with the upperclassmen again while the kid sits down the stretch. Shooters need to be allowed to get into a rhythm, sitting him after knocking down a big one was a big head scratcher.
If Hawkins is not a big part of our offense it’s gonna be a tough season. Hurley has to give him the minutes to season him, it will pay off later on.

Reaction Score
Hurley just isn’t a good enough offensive coach. He needs to get it together. Sometimes I think maybe he’s only subbing players based on defense. He played Polley more than Hawk because he liked Polley’s size on D. Sometimes I’d rather try to be aggressive on offense and give something away on D, especially when we can’t score to save our lives.

I think we could use an offensive analyst. Is anyone on the staff up to the task. I hope so.

Reaction Score
I think we could use an offensive analyst. Is anyone on the staff up to the task. I hope so.

What he needs is a legitimate point guard to raise the game of the rest of players on the floor. I’m not absolving Hurley of any blame here.

Reaction Score
You didn't answer my question.

Cooley has been to 5 tournaments and won 1 game. Hurley has been to 3 tournaments and won 2 games.

Cooley and Hurley have a combined 27 years of Head Coach experience and a combined 3 NCAA Tournament wins. While both are solid D1 program coaches, neither one is an elite coach if we are being honest.

I really thought Hurley was on an upward trajectory, but the roster management and in game coaching this season has me questioning that.

Reaction Score
UConn lost a college basketball game and it’s as if the sky is falling. UConn will be okay, there will be more games. Again, it’s college basketball, not life or death.
It was pretty tough on me. The worry is there.

Reaction Score
Cooley and Hurley have a combined 27 years of Head Coach experience and a combined 3 NCAA Tournament wins. While both are solid D1 program coaches, neither one is an elite coach if we are being honest.

I really thought Hurley was on an upward trajectory, but the roster management and in game coaching this season has me questioning that.
As a Rams fan, I’m starting to worry that Hurley is another Sean McVay. An energetic coach who can recruit and foster a great team atmosphere but I don’t ever feel in a close game versus a good opponent that my team is at an advantage because he’s on the sideline.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom